• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Battle of Britain Ingot

1 hour ago, Fadeingstar said:

I saw this while browseing facebook and wondered the same. Can't seem to find it on the CPM website.

28 minutes ago, The1GramMan said:

Hmm it seems I cannot find this on there website either. Could possibly be a scam 

It is there, just classed as a 50g ingot for £125, not a 1oz for £25.00. I would recommend caution with this site as they have been known to be quite misleading. Here is the link if it is of interest: 

https://www.cpmcoins.com/p-676J/2020-Battle-of-Britain-50g-Pure-Silver-Ingot.aspx

In my experience well over 50% of business that advertise on FB turn out to be scam. FB seems to make no effort whatsoever to remove these scam artists, prefers to profit from them and create a virtual Wild West.

With this advert, it just seems to good to be true. A company has overheads, packaging, postage, employees, unless this is a loss leader product, this sounds to good!

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

I wouldn’t touch them. If you do s search on the company and then search on the named directors, it’s hard to understand how they would have time to run any of the 100 other companies they are listed as owning!

One of which is The Westminster Collection, noticed the similarities on the website.

cpmcoins have changed their company name a couple of times, most recently in 2018, perhaps why it’s hard to find any reviews?

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

1 minute ago, The1GramMan said:

Thanks for your invite buddy can you let me know on here if all goes well 

I'll let you know how it goes. Should be interesting to hear their high pressure sales tactics.

The not being able to find the product using the site search doesn't seem to be unusual - the Royal Mint site has a bunch of products that I've found my way to by following links, but they are not among the search results when you actually go to the site to look at listings.  Could be due to poor site architecture or simply the fact that they are trying to manage their markets - if it's only findable via a FB link, then their sales figures will tell a story about the effectiveness of the link.

That's not to say I am vouching for CPMCoins, however I have placed an order for three of these 1oz ingots tonight so I'll update the thread as and when they arrive (or not).

Reference their Westminster Collection - I placed an order with them and it got delivered in three days. That was in fact just a novelty Harry Potter alloy coin that was 99p, got it for my daughter. It's garbage but given that postage was free, they were clearly flogging these as a way to upsell to the more expensive Harry Potter coins they make.  I assume this might be the same with Battle of Britain. If they don't arrive or turn out   to be fake, I'll just chargeback.

Update: CPM just called me from a withheld number (lucky to get me to pick TBH) to try and upsell from these 1oz ingots to the 50g proof at 5x the price.  The guy was polite and not at all pushy, and confirmed my ingots will despatched in the next couple of days. Let's see. They'll be under spot by the time I receive them at this rate 😆

6 hours ago, Pohaku said:

Update: CPM just called me from a withheld number (lucky to get me to pick TBH) to try and upsell from these 1oz ingots to the 50g proof at 5x the price.  The guy was polite and not at all pushy, and confirmed my ingots will despatched in the next couple of days. Let's see. They'll be under spot by the time I receive them at this rate 😆

Same person rang me on a withheld number and was very polite. He tried the same with me but I said I only buy bullion and was ok with that. Should be with me next week.