• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Time to sell Palladium for Gold?? Advice...

Lindeman

Hi 

Just want to get your opinion: I have a single 1 ounce lovely Canadian palladium Maple that I have shown here before (as I was curious to compare gold, silver, platinum and palladium - all from same design) that I bought when palladium was half the price of gold. Naturally over the next few years I bought more platinum than palladium as I was "sure" platinum was the forgotten PM😆 

What would you do? Sell it now and buy an ounce of shiny gold on the basis that Palladium is a bubble ...assuming that soon gold will overtake it?

I am tempted top keep it for the curiosity ...but its hard to ignore that its tripled in value! Besides ...maybe it keeps climbing and maintains a premium over gold. 

Lindeman 

Unless you need the cash, or you have 2 I would hold. I bet it’s a lovely coin. Sometimes knowing that is worth more than the cash, and when it’s not that cool... you will sell! ;) 

Got any platinum you want to sell? 

1 hour ago, Lindeman said:

Hi 

Just want to get your opinion: I have a single 1 ounce lovely Canadian palladium Maple that I have shown here before (as I was curious to compare gold, silver, platinum and palladium - all from same design) that I bought when palladium was half the price of gold. Naturally over the next few years I bought more platinum than palladium as I was "sure" platinum was the forgotten PM😆 

What would you do? Sell it now and buy an ounce of shiny gold on the basis that Palladium is a bubble ...assuming that soon gold will overtake it?

I am tempted top keep it for the curiosity ...but its hard to ignore that its tripled in value! Besides ...maybe it keeps climbing and maintains a premium over gold. 

Lindeman 

I have Pd for sale listed since last July 4 and the spot keeps going up in the mean time.

B0ACA18D-EAD6-4F7C-B6BC-3BE03D1AF19C.thumb.jpeg.6459ae5c9f3881b5e5dfb71fe8a2226f.jpeg

@Silverman2U yes - probably just going to admire it a while longer, as I may never get the chance to buy an oz of Pd for less than $2000 again!! 

Its the same design as the one shown here - thanks to @trozau🙂. Yup - that is one other issue: limited pool of buyers, probably even here. If I was going to sell I would probably just call around a few dealers and make it simple ....but I guess they would offer spot minus 1-5%, while on the Forum you may do better. 

I do have some Pt that I am wondering about selling ....but again, may just sit for a for a few weeks to see the direction of travel. I have a full boxed set of tasty 2007 Proof Britannias, that I graded @ NGC recently via @Numistacker. Usual dilemma - whether to keep a few and split the set ...or sell the lot, knowing that not many buyers have the appetite for a £2000 set of Pt coins...

Archived