• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Unique / Creative Storage for your stack!

earlofyorkshire

Hey gang!

Will you help me?

I've started stacking the past few months and it's now time to find unique and creative storage solutions.

I'm not talking pragmatic things like safes and monster boxes, I'm talking, old cigar boxes, tobacco tins, and...well....inspire me!

Post a photo of your creative storage solutions for your stack or throw ideas.

Thank you in advance for your creativity and inspiration!

I keep my coins in capsules, inside a fabric bag. My safety deposit box is small (to keep it cost effective), so I find this best for flexibly fitting stuff in. That's for gold of course, can't imagine it ever being cost effective to put silver in a SDB unless it's super numismatic. 

For Silver, sold it all now but I used to use a 250oz monster box that turned up randomly with a much smaller GSBE order (box only, not the coins! 😅)  

Ive also just picked up sewing and embroidery as a hobby..... Im working on a pull pouch for my 10oz Silver bar I just got will post that. Im Also trying to come up with "neat" ways. You could do/create/buy a Challenge Coin display and "airtite" them.?

Here is me working on sizing the embroidery logo on the bag......

20200724_204649[1].jpg

10 hours ago, RacerCool said:

I knew someone who used to use ammo boxes.

Love the idea of that!

Added 0 minutes later...
12 hours ago, Aknot said:

Ive also just picked up sewing and embroidery as a hobby..... Im working on a pull pouch for my 10oz Silver bar I just got will post that. Im Also trying to come up with "neat" ways. You could do/create/buy a Challenge Coin display and "airtite" them.?

Here is me working on sizing the embroidery logo on the bag......

20200724_204649[1].jpg

This looks amazing!!! Please post more photos 

Added 0 minutes later...
13 hours ago, MrTT said:

🥳🥳🥳

Do you want to play a game .jpg

Poker chip case?

1 hour ago, earlofyorkshire said:

Love the idea of that!

Added 0 minutes later...

Added 0 minutes later...

Poker chip case?

Yes, you are correct 👍

15 hours ago, RacerCool said:

I knew someone who used to use ammo boxes.

All of my ammo boxes are full of ammo. What was I thinking?

I have not yet figured out a way to store my coins so they're in those storage boxes that you buy at Office Max. A lot of them are in the small display boxes and I leave them in the zip lock baggies that they're shipped in so they take up a lot of space in the storage boxes. If the coins do not come in plastic capsules I order the capsules at the same time. I keep those orders of 3, 6 or 9 coins in baggies so I don't end up with a box full of mixed up coins. I don't know how else to do it. 

2 hours ago, GLB49 said:

All of my ammo boxes are full of ammo. What was I thinking?

I have not yet figured out a way to store my coins so they're in those storage boxes that you buy at Office Max. A lot of them are in the small display boxes and I leave them in the zip lock baggies that they're shipped in so they take up a lot of space in the storage boxes. If the coins do not come in plastic capsules I order the capsules at the same time. I keep those orders of 3, 6 or 9 coins in baggies so I don't end up with a box full of mixed up coins. I don't know how else to do it. 

You could keep them in capsules, then in tubes, like this:

IMG_20200725_1441205.jpg

2 hours ago, RacerCool said:

You could keep them in capsules, then in tubes, like this:

IMG_20200725_1441205.jpg

That looks like a good idea for my coins that don't come in boxes. Thanks.

On 25/07/2020 at 09:34, earlofyorkshire said:

Ok so I changed/settled on a design and since it is silver changed the silver designation to Ag. I figure if and when I ever get gold (bwahahahaha) I can change the Ag to Au and use gold thread for the Au and ring. Here I used silver but it looks white.... meh.

I need to line the bag sew the liner in and do the drawstring.

20200726_111130[1].jpg

Done.... Think it came out fairly well. Lined the inside with 100% cotton (from a tshirt) so it is nice and smooth/soft in there. The outside is an old red 100% cotton pillow case. It reminds of burlap I really dont know what it would be called.

The drawstrings are dress shoe laces. At the rate things are going I probably wont be wearing dress clothes to work for a long time... :D Enjoy and let me know what ya think. 

20200726_123004[1].jpg

20200726_123039[1].jpg

20200726_123101[1].jpg

3 hours ago, Aknot said:

Done.... Think it came out fairly well. Lined the inside with 100% cotton (from a tshirt) so it is nice and smooth/soft in there. The outside is an old red 100% cotton pillow case. It reminds of burlap I really dont know what it would be called.

The drawstrings are dress shoe laces. At the rate things are going I probably wont be wearing dress clothes to work for a long time... :D Enjoy and let me know what ya think. 

20200726_123004[1].jpg

20200726_123039[1].jpg

20200726_123101[1].jpg

THIS IS AMAZING!

1 hour ago, billp said:

Hi, you should check out www.concealmentfurniture.co.uk. Great solution to safely storing your goodies .

Ooooo - I'll check it. Thank you! 

Archived