• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is it worth buying Platinum now? Spot price $915

songofthunder

I am buying at BV and will rise Pt from 16% to 29% the rest is Ag, yes i know  its a gambler setup :).

I read alot how Pt dont have good fundamentals and so on, current price is close to production price in South africa, what can I lose?

Q2 supply&demand report release on sep. 8.

Late to reply but the answer is simply yes. 

Platinum is much rarer than gold, you could actually put all the platinum in the world in your living room providing your living room is not a cardboard box. Platinum is very undervalued like others have stated, i have to agree with that notion. You should stack a nice percentage of bullion but try and make sure if your going for platinum to get the thinner bars, just a personal recommendation entirely up to you.

9 minutes ago, CryptoSpiridiumZ said:

Late to reply but the answer is simply yes. 

Platinum is much rarer than gold, you could actually put all the platinum in the world in your living room providing your living room is not a cardboard box. Platinum is very undervalued like others have stated, i have to agree with that notion. You should stack a nice percentage of bullion but try and make sure if your going for platinum to get the thinner bars, just a personal recommendation entirely up to you.

As opposed to thicker bars, coins, or rounds, please give us more than cryptic recommendations, people want to know the reasoning.

4 minutes ago, RedDragon77 said:

As opposed to thicker bars, coins, or rounds, please give us more than cryptic recommendations, people want to know the reasoning.

Not everyone can afford the thicker bars and storage can be problematic. By going with the thinner bars you can wedge them into a foam insert together and probably get dozens packed into the foam in a small protective case should you need to quickly have them sold for whatever purpose. Thicker bars in my opinion and this is not financial advice are for people who have a lot of money. I understand your most likely being sarcastic but that is my opinion and it is not financial advice.

No sarcasm, I literally do not know what "thicker bars" means objectively, 50gram, 100gram, 5oz, 10oz?

I don't know what, if any, standards exist for dimensions of platinum bullion. In my cursory window shopping I have observed that the platinum premiums are higher than gold and there are much higher percentage premiums on fractional platinum. 

The Pamp Suisse Lady Fortuna looks fabulous to me in grey metals, and the platinum (like the gold) has the benefit of not decaying as opposed to the silver versions.

If the American Platinum coin were in the Mercury design like the out-of reach palladium coin they would be more appealing to me.

The Isle of Man Nobles are nice but not I would rather have a face value and no Monarch.

It sounds like you are recommending some kind of very compact storage solution for platinum, if you have pictures or links of such it would be nice for us to see.

Take care.

Archived