• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 10,000+ forum members. 

thesongofthunder

Is it worth buying Platinum now? Spot price $915

Hey y'all,

Is it worth buying a coin of 1 oz Platinum, given the spot price is around $915 ? 

I am new to bullion investing, I don't have much experience. But I tend to believe right now it is selling time and not buying. But there's emotion that wants to take over of me and buy a platinum coin. Not sure if that is rational or not.

Would love your advice guys!

uyhK7us.png

I do believe is undervalued, but there must be a reason to that. 
I think it is used also in medical field, car industries, jewelry, but the most impact that hit Platinum is the car industry.  

I will try and find some articles to read about platinum.

I've got an ounce of platinum I bought a few months back. It's nice to see it's value against the dollar/pound/euro go up but I suspect the price will come back down again when the corona-panic is over. Longer term, my hope for platinum is that advances in engineering and electronics will make platinum more valuable. At the moment it's cheap; it could continue sliding into irrelevance or it could go way up in value one day. It's speculative.

I think platinum is a good alternative to gold for those who want something more "substantial" than silver. The spot price is also going up, too.

Sorry but i never read such Bullshit advices as above! 🙈🙈

@thesongofthunder

Its up to you, if you believe in platin go for the ounce, if you are not sure, leave it and invest in other metals. Everything below an ounce has an ridicolous amount of premium(~33%) when it comes to platin and therefor is a waste of money.

21 minutes ago, thesongofthunder said:

Thanks guys for letting me know your opinion about platinum. I certainly will re-think twice before purchasing platinum.

Just to throw a spanner in...  Its my belief that Platinum now offers a ‘once in a lifetime opportunity’. I think it’s seriously undervalued and overdue a significant price correction. I expect that by the end of the year an Oz of Platinum will be around £1250 mark.

Defiantly worth a punt! 😉

12 minutes ago, InvestInCoins888 said:

Just to throw a spanner in...  Its my belief that Platinum now offers a ‘once in a lifetime opportunity’. I think it’s seriously undervalued and overdue a significant price correction. I expect that by the end of the year an Oz of Platinum will be around £1250 mark.

Defiantly worth a punt! 😉

Platinum main demand is diesel catalytic converters, which can be recycled and expected to reduce in number. What do you see to make price rise >30%?

I think for the short term (1-2 years) platinum is going to be relatively cheap, there's obviously going to be a turn down in manufacturing and especially purchases of new cars, but that why I'm putting some money into platinum instead of gold