• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Europeanmint premiums

divebuddy

Hi all,

New to the forum and made a purchase from the European mint about a month ago after reading some of the advice on here.

I've been tracking the premiums on their generic silver bullion (Britannia's, Maples etc.) and have observed them as being between 23-26% over the past month on any given day (pre quantity discounts). Given that Europeanmint is generally recommended as a solid dealer to buy from in order to avoid UK VAT, can anyone advise on typical premiums that they would offer in the past before Covid took place?

Thanks

If you have the time and as a bit of fun you could go here : https://web.archive.org/

And put in the web address. It will tell how many times the website had been archived and allow you to look at the site as if you were looking at it on that day. For example:

The following are screengrabs of 2015 and May of 2020. Just a neat little thing to fun around with if you have the time.

2015.png

may2020.png

Brilliant, exactly what I was after - thanks!

From the dates that I looked at between 2016-2019 I saw premiums of generally between 15-19% on government bullion. Interesting as I was expecting them to be lower given how much I thought they might have gone up since March.

I sampled some of my buy prices vs spot on the day and the margins on Nov -5 were around 14.5% and on 15-Mar 19.6%
I also bought from GS.be some Queen's Beasts ( 2 oz ) which looked cheap at the time but compared to spot ( there was a big dip in March ) the margin was almost 39%.

Archived