• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What price do you sell?

Chicagodogs

I was daydreaming the other day about my exit from silver. What price and what would I buy? Have you had the same thoughts? For the amount to pay off my mortgage, silver would have to be $1,000 per once. If silver hit $500 I could buy the least expensive C8 corvette. Back to dreaming.

Trade it for gold once ratio gets back down closer to 50:1 and then see what happens with gold.  But I mean, if it was that high, I'd definitely consider selling and paying off part of my mortgage or putting more aside for the offspring.  

Bit of a dilemma, depends on the comparative purchasing power of the currency. If silver is £1000 per oz but a banana is £50 it's probably better to transfer into gold, or possibly one of the other metals if new uses are discovered.

1 hour ago, Groundup said:

What woul you purchase with your newly printed fiat,once you had sold your shinny.!!

Put it towards a place to live. Silver at £30 and gold at say £2k I could sell enough to get a little plot somewhere. Would never pay for a house but a new van and a place to park it would be nice. In fact I'd prefer it! lol 

I think you should think about what's the inflation rate at the moment of selling & what are the prices of other assets :) .

It's a bit weird to say you'll sell at 50$ per oz if with 50$ you can buy a Sim Card, for example.

That assuming nothing else changes? So if we fit £50 or £100 an ounce would I sell? Maybe. I'm in for the long run and only purchasing with small amounts of surplus cash which i could afford to lose, so not looking at any returns (big or small) for me. Looking to pass on to my boys as a little bonus at some point.

Dont get me wrong if we hit £500 or higher an ounce, and current buying power is the same, then yes I'd look to sell (some maybe all) but would likely put the cash into the house (mortgage or improvement works). Again for my boys for the future.

Sorry sensible, I know.

I have thought about selling and buying some nice big boys toy at some point, but this Covid thing is going to change the world beyond all recognition, probably so much so that fast cars, big house, nice watches etc are simply a thing of the past for everyone except the Banking Elite (Rothschild and his mates). Am thinking how can I use silver to help me survive, not buy toys. But maybe am paranoid 🤔🤔🤯

You can still enjoy a fast car, a big house and a nice watch today.  If the price of silver (and gold, and platinum) gained in value at a higher rate that other prices increased, I would definitely sell all of my ETF holdings and buy another fast car and a bigger house!

I would sell have my silver stack between 50-100USD to pay down huge investment home loans I have. Then I can retire off the rental income since it would equate to my current yearly salary.

Would keep the semi collectibles, nice stuff and the rest of the stack and divide it between my 3 kids. 

On 24/07/2020 at 23:44, Silverman1985 said:

Triple digit would make me think hard, but the world would look different at $100 also. Would never replace it for fiat, would have to go into a real asset, most likely land. 

This is a useful approach as simply swapping for cash can defeat the purpose.

On 22/07/2020 at 02:14, AgCoyote said:

I wouldn't sell physical precious metals for fiat. I buy shares in mining stocks to get the fiat I want out of the boom.

Funny, right now I’m doing the reverse, probably too much exposure to mining stocks but would revert back when P.M’s seriously start flying past all time highs.

11 hours ago, BullionBarn said:

My plan is to convert my silver into gold when the ratio hits 50:1. Long term is to acquire enough gold to sell up and pay of the mortgage.

Then, start again...

I wanted to do the same thing a while back. I went to my LCS and asked to trade on the ratio. They told me I would have to sell the silver for the price they pay. Then buy the gold for the price they sell. It smelled fishy and didn't do it. I would imagine most dealers do that too. Do you do the gold silver ratio thru a private transaction?

@Chicagodogs I suppose the LCS will always want to take their cut. They will be happy to pay you spot price for your silver but will 100% want their premium on the gold they sell you.

The only way I can see any of us getting a true value exchange on the GSR is by trading with a like minded invested in the forum 

Archived