• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

goldsilver.be nightmare £1750 order missing

oddball

I recently requested 6 orders from storage to be delivered a total of 161 oz. from goldsilver.be.   the first parcel that arrived was 453 grams. i took pictures and contacted customer service.  christine replied within 2 hours. she told me to open the parcel. it contained  4 oz, my last order.  she then stated that all my other orders will be sent the next day. after receiving the next parcel.  i weighed it again. it was 3773 grams.  i was supposed to receive 157 oz over 5 kg. i took pictures again and made an unboxing video. i was missing an entire order of 80 1 oz guardian lion coins worth 2000 euro. and it didn't include the order sheet for this order. only the other 4. so i don't think it has been stolen on route. this is the most expensive order by far. so i contacted customer service again. due to the last quick replies.  i assumed i would get the same fast response. this time however. i have had no reply. i've sent 4 emails over a 3 week period. still no reply. and the phone number they have is useless. does it even exist?. the fact that this time they are ignoring me makes me think they are deliberately frauding customers.  now im left with the  hassle of a legal procedure. i have heard about the customer service. about the quality of the coins. i accepted this. but i have never heard of customers not actually receiving the silver they bought. i have a recent pregnant wife that can't sleep because of this mess. does any one have any experience taking legal action against them. or any other way of contacting them. any help much appreciated. 

So sorry to read about this. And I don't think I can be of any help. But i've had dealings with them in the past and all went alright. But I read a lot of people on this forum have bad experiences with them, hence I stopped using them. I am sure they will work it out, as this seems like a clear mistake. And their costumer service was horrible before. 

One thing I do know; Try to get your pregnant wife to not worry about it. A dispute with a dealer is one thing, but stress while being pregnant is a whole other level. Try and keep stress to a minimal! That is not worth it, and the coins will pop up or a refund will be made I am sure!

Good luck!

Sorry to hear about your issue. 

The one thing that could be in your favour is that the lions (by the sound of it) are from one order and were missed. It might just be that they didnt have them in stock or forgot to add them to the parcel. I guess this is some evidence that it was not stolen en-route. 

Good luck with the situation, just try to remain as professional and polite in the emails. Accusations will get you nowhere with GS.be

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

My emails have been professional as possible. i had one order of 20 lions. they got delivered, so they where in stock. i ordered another 80 because at the time, 7 weeks ago. it was better value than regular bullion coins. my order page says its been shipped. i wouldn't mind if they responded saying they would investigate. i just don't know how many times i should continue to email them, a week ago was my last attempt.  or at what point is it useless to even try. 1 month 2 month etc, it wouldn't be to bad if it was a £100 order. this is really expensive. 

I really don't want the hassle of going to the ukecc and making a  claims procedure. hopefully it gets resolved soon. im rapidly loosing faith though. 

thanks for the replies anyway much appreciated.

I suggest you log in to your orders and select the order that shows as shipped but you haven't received.
In the message section state that you have not received the goods and have separately advised them so.
I find you get a better response using this method as opposed to an email in general.
Apologies if this is how you have already messaged them.
As others have said, and it is very frustrating in these circumstances, remain calm and keep your emails polite.
They do seem to ignore hostile and threatening emails so don't loose hope just yet.
Good luck.

Yes i used that method twice already. i have the confirmation emails, they have been received as well. the first 2 times i used the regular email.

regarding seasiders comment. that's one of the reasons why i posted, I was hoping  if someone else had a direct contact email or number for christine. i will message again tomorrow, so its during work hours. and i can be assured they are reading it.

i will put on the heading, request christine to read. any advice on what to say will be appreciated. and do members recommend i mention i'm posting on this forum etc. has this worked before the past. thanks again for the replies

3 hours ago, oddball said:

Yes i used that method twice already. i have the confirmation emails, they have been received as well. the first 2 times i used the regular email.

regarding seasiders comment. that's one of the reasons why i posted, I was hoping  if someone else had a direct contact email or number for christine. i will message again tomorrow, so its during work hours. and i can be assured they are reading it.

i will put on the heading, request christine to read. any advice on what to say will be appreciated. and do members recommend i mention i'm posting on this forum etc. has this worked before the past. thanks again for the replies

It might be worth having a look on LinkedIn, she may may have her direct email on there, or someone else in the company with direct email, if so you can then work out hers. 

Used to do this in recruitment 🤣

Frustrating situation. At risk of repeating yourself, I would send one clear email with all the relevant information, distilled to simplest terms (they aren't native English speakers). List the orders and the expected content. List the parcels you've received and the included content. List the delta between the two and ask if they can advise if these are on order awaiting stock, being dispatches separately or if there's been an error. Just my 2 cents. 

For what it's worth, I think you'll end up with your silver or your money. GS.be aren't scammers, they're just useless at resolution when things go wrong. 

7 hours ago, burns718 said:

It might be worth having a look on LinkedIn, she may may have her direct email on there, or someone else in the company with direct email, if so you can then work out hers. 

Used to do this in recruitment 🤣

Seems mildly inappropriate to begin hunting down employees personal email addresses on a professional networking site over a GS.be specific complaint/request. 

5 hours ago, RisinSun said:

You're purchase as big as it may be to you, is child's play to Gs.be. I've never had issue with them because all orders were over 10k. 

So sad to say, if you want good customer service and cheap coins, either buy larger amounts or don't shop at GSBE.

Goodluck

This is BS.....Not that I'm whishing you will ever experience problems with GS.....but boy.....I believe you would sing a little lower then

I just messaged them again requesting christine. Wish me luck, 5th time lucky maybe.

please send message to christine

hi christine, 3 weeks ago you dealt with my delivery in which i only received a parcel of 453 grams. and only contained 4 oz of silver, and one order. *********
you organised my other 5 orders to be sent out. the next parcel that arrived was 3773 grams and contained only 4 orders, and only 4 order sheets. 5 orders would of been over 5000 grams in weight
the 4 orders i received was ********* ********* ******** ********
i am still missing order ********** of 80 guardian lions. i have messaged many times. and not received any information. if it is being investigated.
if the coins are not in stock, or have been sold by accident to another customer. i am happy to exchange for other coins of equal euro value, krugerrands for example. im happy to pay for shipping again also. i posted about this order on the silver forum. other members have advised that i keep contacting you. and try to be patient. please can you reply back to me if this is being investigated. it has been 3 weeks now without reply.

It's got to be a fubar on their side.  If it was stolen they would know by the tracking info.  I suspect they dont have the coin in stock but sold them anyway (intentionally or unintentionally) which means they will be waiting for more.  When my order was stolen I got the forms to fill in for a claim within a few hours from GS.BE and had replacements in a few weeks.  Good luck and keep us informed.

18 hours ago, burns718 said:

Not their personal email, their direct company. 

I'm not suggesting a full on personal attack, jesus

Anyone who puts their current employer email on LinkedIn is doing it wrong 😂

7 hours ago, oddball said:

I just messaged them again requesting christine. Wish me luck, 5th time lucky maybe.

please send message to christine

hi christine, 3 weeks ago you dealt with my delivery in which i only received a parcel of 453 grams. and only contained 4 oz of silver, and one order. *********
you organised my other 5 orders to be sent out. the next parcel that arrived was 3773 grams and contained only 4 orders, and only 4 order sheets. 5 orders would of been over 5000 grams in weight
the 4 orders i received was ********* ********* ******** ********
i am still missing order ********** of 80 guardian lions. i have messaged many times. and not received any information. if it is being investigated.
if the coins are not in stock, or have been sold by accident to another customer. i am happy to exchange for other coins of equal euro value, krugerrands for example. im happy to pay for shipping again also. i posted about this order on the silver forum. other members have advised that i keep contacting you. and try to be patient. please can you reply back to me if this is being investigated. it has been 3 weeks now without reply.

Fingers crossed for you. Although, I would simplify this right down for the next email - there's a lot of nuance in that message for a non-English reader probably using Google translate. 

Hi Christine,

RE: order XYZ 

I have not received this order of "80 guardian lions 1oz silver coins".

Can you please update me on whether we are awaiting stock or if there is any problem with this order? Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

*name*

It's completely ignorant and arrogant  of them to ignore issues like this ffs. Who do they think they are exactly?   By the way I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.  I remember a thread here not so long ago where a guy had to fight tooth and nail for months to get his money back. All he got in the meantime was sneering and abusive emails from the boss of the company.  He won eventually after going legal about it, and even then they shortchanged him a little bit with the settlement.  Any company or employee that emails customers telling them to F off has some very serious personal and business issues. 

It doesn't take much effort to just send one reply stating they are investigating it. at least if i got a message to F OFF, i would know where i stand.  There is 87 in stock on there website, not on presale. And now with the recent silver price increase, this order would cost £2000 

On 19/07/2020 at 12:22, oddball said:

I recently requested 6 orders from storage to be delivered a total of 161 oz. from goldsilver.be.   the first parcel that arrived was 453 grams. i took pictures and contacted customer service.  christine replied within 2 hours. she told me to open the parcel. it contained  4 oz, my last order.  she then stated that all my other orders will be sent the next day. after receiving the next parcel.  i weighed it again. it was 3773 grams.  i was supposed to receive 157 oz over 5 kg. i took pictures again and made an unboxing video. i was missing an entire order of 80 1 oz guardian lion coins worth 2000 euro. and it didn't include the order sheet for this order. only the other 4. so i don't think it has been stolen on route. this is the most expensive order by far. so i contacted customer service again. due to the last quick replies.  i assumed i would get the same fast response. this time however. i have had no reply. i've sent 4 emails over a 3 week period. still no reply. and the phone number they have is useless. does it even exist?. the fact that this time they are ignoring me makes me think they are deliberately frauding customers.  now im left with the  hassle of a legal procedure. i have heard about the customer service. about the quality of the coins. i accepted this. but i have never heard of customers not actually receiving the silver they bought. i have a recent pregnant wife that can't sleep because of this mess. does any one have any experience taking legal action against them. or any other way of contacting them. any help much appreciated. 

No answer yet?

On 21/07/2020 at 15:20, oddball said:

It doesn't take much effort to just send one reply stating they are investigating it. at least if i got a message to F OFF, i would know where i stand.  There is 87 in stock on there website, not on presale. And now with the recent silver price increase, this order would cost £2000 

any reply or updates?

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Nope, No replies nothing. i opened an online resolution dispute, With the ecc a few days ago. I'm not expecting any replies through that either. I will wait a couple of weeks, Then proceed with legal action. This has turned into one giant head ache. I recently looked at the trustpilot reviews. Looks like this has happened before a few times since april.They have a score of 2.5. I first ordered with them a year ago. Because i used them before i never thought to check the reviews again. I wish i did. This company is out right steeling. Any one who sticks up for them Is in denial. 5 emails in 4 weeks. Not one reply. 

Archived