• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Newbie advice on buying silver?

ancojo

First hello to all :)

I've been reading over the threads to try to get a grip on how and where to buy silver 1oz coins but I'm in over my head so can anyone simplify it for me?

I'm a total novice when purchasing silver, I understand the UK has a tax of 20% and that buying silver is better done from abroad so can anyone let me know which sites are the most trustworthy and whats the best way to pay, i.e is Creditcard ok etc? Also any other tips or helpful info would be much appreciated, apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Many thanks

7 hours ago, ancojo said:

First hello to all :)

I've been reading over the threads to try to get a grip on how and where to buy silver 1oz coins but I'm in over my head so can anyone simplify it for me?

I'm a total novice when purchasing silver, I understand the UK has a tax of 20% and that buying silver is better done from abroad so can anyone let me know which sites are the most trustworthy and whats the best way to pay, i.e is Creditcard ok etc? Also any other tips or helpful info would be much appreciated, apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Many thanks

Morning

a good place is The European Mint in Europe. Good prices. Reliable. Friendly. Many of us use them so that’s a good reputation. They take different forms of payment. I would steer clear of using a creditcard unless you are the type of person who pays the credit card 100% each month. Some of us use payment cards like TransferWise which cuts down on international bank transfer fees. 

have fun!

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

Agree with @KitboyE17, you can also get great deals here on the forum if you keep an eye on the "Buy & Sell" page.

I'd highly recommend using @BackyardBullion group order service if you're buying from the European mint, it'll save you a ton on postage just search the below:

European Mint Group Order - Despite Covid it is open!

If you are starting with an order exceeding say 25 ounces looks at the European Mint and GS.be
The reason for the 25 is that expect to pay approx £25 ( or more ) to have your order shipped.
That adds £1 minimum to every one ounce coin.

Below 25 coins, once you have decided which coins you wish to purchase and be sure they are in stock ( many aren't right now ) note the prices.
Divide each price by 1.10 to convert in to sterling then put in the forum trade section a "Wanted" with your requirements.
You might be surprised at the response especially if sticking to the popular bullion like Maples, Eagles, Britannias etc.
Most forum sellers offer excellent service and you should receive your coins in a day or 2 whereas from the EM it can take 2 weeks.

Archived