• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Peter Schiff on joe rogan

Mark10110

I can't believe I watched a whole hour of that. My first and last exposure to Peter Schiff.

A rich smug tax exile's sermon about the economic day of reckoning that the feckless poor should to shoulder the burden of, but it's a sacrifice he's prepared to make.

A man who knows the price of everything and the cost of nothing. I'm stopping now.

There's been no actual mention of gold as yet.

Edited by PJRay

7 hours ago, PJRay said:

I can't believe I watched a whole hour of that. My first and last exposure to Peter Schiff.

A rich smug tax exile's sermon about the economic day of reckoning that the feckless poor should to shoulder the burden of, but it's a sacrifice he's prepared to make.

A man who knows the price of everything and the cost of nothing. I'm stopping now.

Interesting, I thought most of what he said made sense.

What in particular did you take such offense to?

Peter Schiff talks like a telemarketer when on Rogan, i always feel like he's going to segue into how you can make millions with one simple trick, and all you need to do is click on the link to find out more. I couldnt make it more than 30 minutes 

56 minutes ago, TheApe said:

Interesting, I thought most of what he said made sense.

some people just want to be in an echo chamber or hear what they themselves believe.

Peter Schiff is used to talking for 5 minutes in a soundbite for a news interview where he has 2-4 others also trying to talk over him so its kind of how he is now. I had to take 2 10 minute pauses to get a drink and let my ears remember what silence is like but overall it was a fantasic podcast which I learned a lot about how loans and finance works.

As for people expecting 3 hours of him showing gold coins and gushing over them I am afraid you will not find much of that there, searching youtube unboxings and such may be better for them.

Peter Schiff is the loudest voice in Gold and this whole podcast was a build up to why you need gold.

1 minute ago, Mark10110 said:

some people just want to be in an echo chamber or hear what they themselves believe.

Peter Schiff is used to talking for 5 minutes in a soundbite for a news interview where he has 2-4 others also trying to talk over him so its kind of how he is now. I had to take 2 10 minute pauses to get a drink and let my ears remember what silence is like but overall it was a fantasic podcast which I learned a lot about how loans and finance works.

As for people expecting 3 hours of him showing gold coins and gushing over them I am afraid you will not find much of that there, searching youtube unboxings and such may be better for them.

Peter Schiff is the loudest voice in Gold and this whole podcast was a build up to why you need gold.

I agree, not much of a conversation. 🤣.

But I was asking what PJRAY didnt like about what he said not how he said it. 

1 minute ago, TheApe said:

I agree, not much of a conversation. 🤣.

But I was asking what PJRAY didnt like about what he said not how he said it. 

Anyone who knows anything about Peter Schiff knows he is the biggest Gold "pumper" in existence. He bashes bitcoin constantly in favour of gold. I mean ... he has his business link behind him the whole time.... where he sells gold. I think people want to see gold and listen to how it was money for over 5000 years for the 100th time but in a different way.

2 minutes ago, Mark10110 said:

Anyone who knows anything about Peter Schiff knows he is the biggest Gold "pumper" in existence. He bashes bitcoin constantly in favour of gold. I mean ... he has his business link behind him the whole time.... where he sells gold. I think people want to see gold and listen to how it was money for over 5000 years for the 100th time but in a different way.

Maybe wait for PJRAY to answer?, lol

3 minutes ago, TheApe said:

Ouite a few things but I'm not prepared today to be drawn into an argument about the socio economic musings of a professional right wing agitant.

He didn't say anything about macro economics that wasn't common knowledge and dressed it up with his own I'm alright Jack ideology.

Doling out 'hard truths' from his tax haven into a spittle flecked camera for his fans. It seems toxic and I won't be touching Peter Schiff with a ten foot barge pole.

4 minutes ago, PJRay said:

Ouite a few things but I'm not prepared today to be drawn into an argument about the socio economic musings of a professional right wing agitant.

He didn't say anything about macro economics that wasn't common knowledge and dressed it up with his own I'm alright Jack ideology.

Doling out 'hard truths' from his tax haven into a spittle flecked camera for his fans. It seems toxic and I won't be touching Peter Schiff with a ten foot barge pole.

Wow, dude, you need a drink.

4 minutes ago, TheApe said:

Wow, dude, you need a drink.

So as i stated, :D

I am pretty sure he did talk about macro economics for a good 40 minutes? 

unemployment rates, Interest rates, Growth rates?

Edited by Mark10110

8 minutes ago, Mark10110 said:

So as i stated, :D

I am pretty sure he did talk about macro economics for a good 40 minutes? 

unemployment rates, Interest rates, Growth rates?

Yes, very difficult to discuss with someone who wont say specifically what they didnt agree with.

Sound like the real issue is PJRay doesnt like him not paying taxes.

12 minutes ago, PJRay said:

He isn't to your taste, I get that. He does talk about the fact that he does not pay tax where he is and also goes into great detail on what the trade offs are, no representation and not being eligible to vote. He also talked about not taking the bail out money currently being offered of upto 100k per employee for a maximum of 500 employees and explains how it is being exploited by everyone else in detail even explaining the fine print. 

I don't think he is right wing, he literally called Trump a liar and accused him of backtracking  about his claims about unemployment rates and  inflation... (macro economics) but you didnt get that far.

Everyone can't be liked by everyone.

I respect your opinion

3 hours ago, Mark10110 said:

recommending gold to diversify your portfolio and pumping gold are two different things.

peter schiff is not a gold pumper. if he was he wouldn't be recommending things like mene

gold jewellery(there is more profit($) in recommending a jewellery seller that charges high

mark ups for making jewellery).

HH

14 hours ago, PJRay said:

That mentality basically sums up why Western Europe is in terminal decline. If someone got rich and is successful they somehow keep people poor. It's a fascinatingly destructive mindset. 

• 1 year later...

I have listened to a few Peter Schiff podcast. I occasionally find some decent info but take most of what he says with a pinch of salt. Does anybody recommend and other podcasts? Animal spirits is quiet good for all round investing.

40 minutes ago, Mark10110 said:

Peter Schiff is a good listen, however I dislike his anti-bitcoin stance

It's just for show, I think his son has the majority of his portfolio in bitcoin.