• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Would you buy it if it looks like this?

Intelteamer

Hi Everyone! 

I took the pictures recently and would like to pick the brains of everyone. I would like to know what everyone thinks about the difference in (photography) styles of the same coin. (gold hue, original silver and bronze hue)  Do you feel that I am trying to pass it off as gold and feel picture of the silver coin should only look silver? would it deter you from buying if you see such images? The pictures are not photoshopped btw.

I took it with different lighting and honestly, I prefer the golden hue on the silver coin. 

Please credit it back to me if you wish to use the images. 

02 gold.jpg

03 gold back.jpg

04 silver.jpg

05 silver back.jpg

06 bronze.jpg

I hate it when the photo looks different from the coin.  The photos should accurately represent the coin.  This isn't an art class 😉

Worst is the photos of coins taken to exaggerate the "proof-like" cameos.....borders on fraud in my estimation.  Tilt most coins and you can get a stunning cameo  😉

Aesthetically I love the contrasts and think it looks really amazing!

I actually like the bronze/copper highlights more than the gold.

I also agree with Robb as far as anything to do with selling the item itself; images should accurately represent the item being sold. If you hold it at special angles for some pictures, you should also indicate that fact about any such photos and should make sure to show it in it's typical appearance. 

If I were scrolling eBay, I'd avoid the golden and bronze hues, and only go for the silver. My assumptions would be that there was either some dodgy guilding, or that the photos were taken to try and hide something to do with the silver.

Option 1 and 3 are great for artistic purposes or as sharing material. For selling, personally I would always opt for option 2, which gives a clear and straightforward representation of what I am selling. But that’s just my opinion.

@MrFreezerrr, yeah. They are great for Artistic purposes.  And it should not be mixed with the Actual look.

I guess it can be really visually confusing if it does not look like the real deal. especially if you are trying to purchase it.

But Black Ruthenium + Gold gilding is something I find really appealing. Maybe I was trying to do something like that. 

36 minutes ago, Intelteamer said:

They are great for Artistic purposes.  And it should not be mixed with the Actual look

The photos are beautiful.  As someone who has tried (and failed) to photograph a coin so that it doesn't look like a fuzzy blob with a white flash in the middle I can appreciate your technique 

Very nice!

Archived