• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 China 1oz Kwangtung Dragon Dollar Restrike - 8th & Final Release

Somewhat earlier than expected (the 7th in the series was only released in May 2020), here's the 8th and final release in the China Vintage Coin Series (available since Monday from LPM):

The 2020 1oz Silver China Kwangtung Dragon Dollar Silver Restrike (Premium Uncirculated)

Mintage: 5,000

dragon-dollar.thumb.png.e5bd6563f4d8699bf130c930e9a91c33.png

dragon-dollar-obv.thumb.png.b25cca5363c84c3a3f0320e01ff435b9.png

NeutronJack

42 minutes ago, ravenshunter said:

So they haven't been sold on GS.be yet you reckon?

I've a couple of those water dragon coins in storage.id like to get the last two in the set before delivery.

Difficult to get now so possibly sold out everywhere but the 8th release has only just been announced so keep your eye out.

4 hours ago, Bluenitsuj said:

Difficult to get now so possibly sold out everywhere but the 8th release has only just been announced so keep your eye out.

I've seen another site selling the 7th issue with over 51 in stock but postage is a killer but don't want to miss out on a complete collection so might have to bite the bullet.

Cheers

• 1 year later...

Hi fellow collectors I just got my complete set of eight coins as well as the auto and winged dragon coins in the new series.  Love the excellent finish on the coins!  My favourite is the second coin, Reverse Dragon.  For the guys who bought single coins do you remove the coin from the plastic sheet? Was thinking of getting a display box for the set of eight.

On 11/09/2021 at 04:21, cylinder99 said:

Hi fellow collectors I just got my complete set of eight coins as well as the auto and winged dragon coins in the new series.  Love the excellent finish on the coins!  My favourite is the second coin, Reverse Dragon.  For the guys who bought single coins do you remove the coin from the plastic sheet? Was thinking of getting a display box for the set of eight.

Yes, speaking for myself, i removed the plastic wrap. It isn't a collectible significance in my opinion to leave this intact unlike some other series.

When i was buying them i wanted to see the wrap intact but this was to assure myself the coins had not been picked over for grading purposes first. Having got them in the wraps i am now happy to remove them and enjoy them in a display as they should be. 

Thanks for sharing! Do you put the coins in a display box? I'm trying to find a box with 45mm capsule slots that fit 8 coins. 

2 hours ago, swAgger said:

Yes, speaking for myself, i removed the plastic wrap. It isn't a collectible significance in my opinion to leave this intact unlike some other series.

When i was buying them i wanted to see the wrap intact but this was to assure myself the coins had not been picked over for grading purposes first. Having got them in the wraps i am now happy to remove them and enjoy them in a display as they should be. 

6 hours ago, cylinder99 said:

Thanks for sharing! Do you put the coins in a display box? I'm trying to find a box with 45mm capsule slots that fit 8 coins. 

That is my plan. It's on my to-do list for a while now. Like you, when i can get around to it i will do some searching for a possible 8 piece box. I have a feeling it might take some hunting. They are simply too nice not to have them in a good display box, even if i end up having to get a bespoke one made.