• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1878 six pence

SilveradoUK

Hello guys!

i have found the 51 die number in my six pence and I am wondering if there is any more to it because of the number. I am aware of the first die numbers and also number 6 with the “dritanniar” error but 51...is this anything special or just another number?

Much appreciated any comments.

thanks!

CC6DA8D8-BB4F-4345-851E-E0EDCDF99EAC.jpeg

BCCE2988-2115-4CA8-A59D-90F055FD3CF7.jpeg

Nice clear example of the die number! lots of worn 3's get recorded as 5's.

As you say die number 6 is the key one as it is the DRIT error. There also seems to be die 6/6 which does not have the DRIT error (?). The others are die number 41 which is the proof - the last time it appeared at auction I was spectacularly outbid on☹️ and die number 30 which has 8/7 in the date.

Not much difference in the other die numbers but I think the die numbers in the late 60's are less common.

Not to divert, but I seem to recall an 1878 with Die Number 6 that was NOT the Dritanniar error. Also have knowledge of an MS64 Drit -  I wonder how much that would go for at auction these days...

1 hour ago, DaKine said:

Also have knowledge of an MS64 Drit -  I wonder how much that would go for at auction these days...

I was outbid on that coin when it was ungraded - it was nice to see it get an MS64 when it was submitted to NGC. I know I should have gone higher!!

• Founder & Administrator

@SilveradoUK TSF is not for advertising your eBay sales. 

Note that the trade section is for items for sale directly via the forum and forum messaging system, note that external websites can not be linked to in trade topics

https://www.thesilverforum.com/guidelines/

You are free to list your item on the forum's trade section should you wish. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived