• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The dip in March did everyone get their metals

pyperb

When the prices of gold and silver dived in March, for all those who were lucky enough to place and order did you get it OK and how long did it take, I feel there will be another dip before us elections and have cash waiting but want to make sure I will receive the goods

I ordered silver on the dip - gold I've been buying regularly since Januaury regardless of spot.

I'm in the UK and ordered via the Group Order from the European Mint. Given the timing of that dip - just as most countries in Europe were going in to lockdown - the order was delayed but I got what I ordered just fine. If you're buying from a reputable dealer you should be ok.

I had to wait almost 3 months for a replacement Platinum coin that I ordered from the Royal Mint on the big dip, and returned because it was jammed in the capsule.  The returned coin was received back at the Royal Mint on 2 April but the replacement coin didn't reach me until 30 June and I had to chase them multiple times.

But I got it in the end.  The quality of the end product is another matter, but there's no way I'm going to send it back again, potentially wait another 3 months and receive a replacement that is no better.

Rant rant rant.  I'll let it go at some point, honestly... 🙂😁😄

I had been watching the market and was aggressively buying within a week span back in February/march. I had been watching the market, and news on the coronavirus since December. I bought a half ounce of gold before gold shot up. I figured the markets would crash and distribution would been majorly effected once the virus spread. I bought silver when it hit $12.13 and bought my first 10oz queens beast coin on a presale for $176. It seemed like a deal lol. I wish I had bought more. Even since then I'm steadily buying silver. 

Archived