• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Elton John coin

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think Sir Elton had a hand in the design and approval process of the design? Forgive me for not reading up on the release, as it really doesn’t interest me.

4 minutes ago, silverdocket said:

Could you imagine how cool that would've looked....

Instant winner....

If he had a say in the design, I think he would concur that would be the design to go with!!

It’s a little sad when the outer box design is better than the coin design. Buy the box, not the coin, I always say!...No, wait, it goes the other way around! Except in this case, unfortunately!😆

These Musician Coins are an embarrassment.

Clearly some idiot at the RM is unaware that "serial" is a homonym.

I'd be extremely disappointed to discover this trolley token tumbling out with my Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.

All Wars Are Central Bankers' Wars

5 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

It’s a little sad when the outer box design is better than the coin design.

It looks like the box should contain his new perfume.

I am a massive Elton fan but I dislike the design of the coin.

Currently stacking 10oz Unas and Britannia bars 

31 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I can't find an emoticon for fingers down throat and.....you get the rest.

Agreed.

But it will likely get pumped up and a frenzy will ensue for the rarer denominations with a low mintage. 
For me, this design would look fabulous as it sinks to the bottom of the melting pot. 

I think I'll pass on this one. Could be a nice little earner again if you could afford to buy the expected 2oz gold, which seems to do good in the auctions...but not me at this point. Trying to save up for the later releases this year, i.e Queen's beasts and sovereign. And who knows another strike on the day sovereign?

Before the Queen and Elton John coins, a Jamaica coin (minted by the BRM) in 1995 was minted to honor Robert ‘Bob’ Marley’s 50th birth anniversary. I am a fan and am glad to own this coin.
E6F3BEB7-EA0D-4071-B5C6-1D9FD9DF4CB7.jpeg.71905c1e789b99c15cf646c4f9afa410.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

Can’t imagine there’ll be the same interest in these, as there was in the Queen coins. I don’t know a single person that would open their curtains to watch Elton John.

Elton John is popular but I can't see there being the same dedicated fans buying the coins. The Queen design has grown on me but this one is just a mess. I won't be buying...

I got in on the queen late and am a massive Queen fan so was happy to pay a premium for it.

I also do like to collect series and prefer to finish what I start.

I say prefer. I'll not be getting this one. Just no. Really really poor design for a decent artist.

🤮

2 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I showed it to my wife and she said "that's clever, a lot better than the Queen one"!

What can I say?🤔

Has she had her coffee for the morning and put her glasses on (contact lenses in). 😂🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Huuu! I like Elton John, but I'm not sure what to say about this coin design. I'll have a think about it.

I wonder if the Royal Mint has its eyes set on 'The Fab Four', the Beatles??? If they're thinking about it, my advice would be 'Handle with care!' 🙂

1 hour ago, Onenote said:I wonder if the Royal Mint has its eyes set on 'The Fab Four', the Beatles??? If they're thinking about it, my advice would be 'Handle with care!' 🙂

I'm sure they will have already thought about it, it would have been logical to have started with the Beatles. I bet they couldn't sort out a design that encapsulated the four of them without trespassing on iconic images that may well be heavily copyrighted.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

31 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I'm sure they will have already thought about it, it would have been logical to have started with the Beatles. I bet they couldn't sort out a design that encapsulated the four of them without trespassing on iconic images that may well be heavily copyrighted.

Yeah I'll be surprised if they do a Beatles given the cost. It will be interesting to see who they do next.

Archived