• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Red Letter Days...

JonCL

Today I filled the last gap in my collection of Royal Australian Mint 1oz .999 silver Kangaroos! With a face value of 1 Dollar in every shape and form, there has been a new design on the reverse of the coin each year since 1993, with representations of the creature spanning Australian history from its appearance in Aboriginal art to its first sightings by early explorers. The last set within the series were the four year run of “Seasons’ Change“ coins between 2016-2019.

The RAM seems to have overlapped these with it’s last two Kangaroo coins, the 2019 and 2020 Mob of Roos which is a bit weird- was the 2019 Seasons Change coin the last of the series proper? Anyway I’ve got the Mobs too.

In case you were wondering the last coin was the 2013 20th Anniversary- bought for a smidge over £70. The cheapest were the 1996, ‘97 and ‘98 coins bought as a job lot for just under £70 (including postage from Australia!) and the most expensive was the 2016 Seasons Change for £102. 

Just need a new set to look out for now.

On 30/06/2020 at 23:03, Derv said:

Very well done. I bet it's rewarding. Any chance of some pictures of the collection? A couple of my all time favourites happen to be 'roos. 

Yes will do, as soon as the last one arrives!

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2020 at 23:03, Derv said:

Very well done. I bet it's rewarding. Any chance of some pictures of the collection? A couple of my all time favourites happen to be 'roos. 

The last piece of the 27-year-old jigsaw turned up today courtesy of Australia Post. Spot the odd one out by the way...

D1B33F00-3A3A-429C-BA0B-666E2C48DC78.jpeg

On 17/07/2020 at 20:30, Dragonnumis said:

@JonCL well done. I have a couple of Roos, but the full set looks amazing. 👍

Cheers. I really think the Australian mints are the best in the world- at the moment at least. They’re imaginative and offer great quality in both design and manufacture, and reasonable value for money.

The odd one out in the picture of my set by the way (above) was the Kangaroo Road Sign coin which, by good fortune, was struck in 2013 and fitted into the space I’d left for the 20th Anniversary, also 2013 (but decided not to remove from its slab).

Congrats on completing your set. It looks very impressive.

I don't have any Kangaroos yet but I have some 2018, 2019 and 2020 Perth 1 oz Silver Swans. This morning I ordered 3 of the 2017 Swans which I believe was the first year. 

Archived