• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Some more upcoming coins - New Britannia series & Poppy £5

h103efa

I'm Gazette hunting again!

New Britannia series in various sizes, Gold & SIlver & Platinum

reverse a depiction of Britannia standing upon a rock in the sea, her right hand grasping a trident and her left resting on a shield and holding an olive branch and the inscription “· BRITANNIA · (the date of the year) · WEIGHT & PM ·” and, in micro-text, “DECUS ET TUTAMEN”.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3576364

£5 Poppy coin - reverse the silhouette of a First World War soldier formed by poppies accompanied by the inscription “LEST WE FORGET 11 NOVEMBER 2020”.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3576363

I reckon this is a redesign of the standard bullion Britannias and will be first issued later this year, but the coins dated 2021.

Happy to be wrong though .

The idea of a 10 oz silver Britannia is a tempting one!

In fact, reading the description of the reverse carefully - I think it's just the standard Philip Nathan reverse, but with Decus Et Tutamen micro-engraved somewhere on it as a security feature.

If so, it's good for my bank balance because I won't "need" to collect this coin in the same way that I probably would want to own it if it had a truly new design.

We shall see!

1 minute ago, Booky586 said:

Your TV series might be a greater claim to fame 😀

Your probably right as my alter ego does better! But I only got Gazetted for being a good boy for 15 years in the army. You know the saying the crimes getting caught!

Hey @GoodAsGold, Great buy with the 2 oz Una. There is certainly a buzz around the engravers series. It will be interesting to see what the next one it. I expect many to go after them for potential similar outcome to the Una. I havent bought much for a while, been spending most of my funds on an extension building project that started in Jan, was expected to finish April and is stil going on now (that pesky Covid)! I did get a few silver NHS 10p proof when they went cheap a while back. Also some QBs Horses.

Archived