• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Upcoming 75th WWII anniversary ASE in 2020

g33x0r

Hey folks,

I'm not sure what's shifted in me, but I'm tending to take a closer look at more collector coins these days.  This one that is still upcoming for 2020 piqued my interest.  It's a standard ASE but it looks like it has an actual mint mark (W) and a unique V75 privy mark on the front of the coin.  Looks like they're doing a limited mintage of 75,000 and limiting orders to 1 per household, I think this is similar to what they did with the reverse proof they released last year and I remember that thing sold out super quick.  Any one else seen this or have any interest in it?  I'll be waiting for it to drop sometime later this year.  

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Founder & Administrator

Thought I would share a picture. Also clarifying for others that it is a proof coin.0D046A47-DBED-43D2-BCAE-58DD85CB0E29.jpeg

Source: https://www.govmint.com/coin-authority/post/first-ever-privy-marked-silver-and-gold-eagles-mark-75th-anniversary-of-world-war-II

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Oh, for some reason I missed that when I looked at it the first time.  Either way seems like a fairly low price given the mintage numbers and one of a kind privy mark.  I noticed that they didn't even list the price for the gold proof eagle with the same privy mark, lowest gold eagle mintage yet, I wonder how much that will go for?  I can't wait!

• 1 month later...

They finally updated the date and time that this coin will go on sale!  November 5th at 12pm Eastern standard time and it's down to being listed at 54, it did have a price of 69.50 last time I looked so that's nice.

• Founder & Administrator
5 minutes ago, g33x0r said:

They finally updated the date and time that this coin will go on sale!  November 5th at 12pm Eastern standard time and it's down to being listed at 54, it did have a price of 69.50 last time I looked so that's nice.

Thanks for sharing, I think the price is linked to the silver price still. Silver price + the premium for this proof.

So prices may change at actual release depending on the spot price then. That’s the way it’s working for the Gold, I haven’t read up about this silver version but I presume it’s also linked to the spot price. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Actually I just realized that the price says N/A and I was looking at the price of other suggested items lower on the page LOL.  Yeah, we shall see, I hope it's not crazy expensive.

I may have posted about this before but I think privy marks are taking the lazy way out. If the US Mint is going to offer a "V75" (non-numi people don't know what that means) on the obverse they should have a total redesign of the reverse. My suggestion would be to feature an image of the WWII memorial in Washington DC. The privy mark alone is just a gimmick IMHO. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Today's the day!  In a little over and hour I'll be ordering one of these.  Looks like they finally set the price on the gold version too (2,600).  I'm just going with a silver ASE privy mark though.

Let the @%^#ing shenanigans being.... cloudflare banned before I could even check out because I kept having to reload the page because their website blows....  Got back in.... can't check out because again.... their website/server blow....

The site started sucking some minutes before the coins went on sale. It took me about 10 to buy the silver coin since it kept giving me errors. The gold coin was sold out basically as fast as I could add it to my cart (I wasn't going to buy it anyway but I clicked on it just to see what would happen).

I hope this is my last visit on that website.

Archived