• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed american buffalo gold coins in los angeles

i will be selling my 2013 uncirculated gold 1oz buffaloes soon. 

i wanted to line up potential buyers . i want 10% over kitco spot.(not negotiable).

sale in person,in this area,cash,no shipping.

i am not a dealer.

my price is also a protest against the manipulation of futures and thereby spot), and the fake etf's.

Just my unsolicited two cents, but for consideration in your approach. Given this isn’t a sales posting per se, yet, I can source these from from several members here in The Silver Forum from locations overseas and at far less percent above, if not, close to spot. All while having established trust and confidence in the sales relationship. Best of luck with your sales. 

Anyone in LA could just go to CNI in Inglewood. Get it for cheaper at a secure location with the most trusted dealer in California.

I love when people think a forum of PM collectors are a bunch of suckers 

https://www.golddealer.com/product/american-gold-buffalo-1-oz-2020/

10 minutes ago, Witcher said:

He is allowed to ask whatever price he wants.  If you want a better deal, then you might have to change your name to "kitco".  ;)
He did say in person, yet didn't really specify that the meeting would be in L.A. 
So... when are you coming over here?  hahaha  You didn't say no traveling... just no shipping.  

Personally, it may be helpful to give more information.  For instance, are they 2020 Buffalo?  
I assume that they aren't graded just UNC. 

I do notice a loop-hole, which may actually put Mike at a lower selling price compared to the dealers. 
I will leave it up to others to figure it out.  I'd be more direct, but I would be late for my tea party. 

Thanks. I never sold any yet,i dont think tou can find many new ones like mine,all my local dealers are more or less  that price. I am counting on scarcity in the near future

On 27/06/2020 at 12:07, CadmiumGreen said:

Just my unsolicited two cents, but for consideration in your approach. Given this isn’t a sales posting per se, yet, I can source these from from several members here in The Silver Forum from locations overseas and at far less percent above, if not, close to spot. All while having established trust and confidence in the sales relationship. Best of luck with your sales. 

I am in no hurry. Mine are perfect,and you wont find any soon...(i hope!)

On 27/06/2020 at 05:52, jbh said:

Just my thought, but you can buy from the online national dealers for less than $80 over spot (+4.35%).  I think the strength of this forum is finding trusted buyers/sellers to be able to conduct transactions remotely.

On 27/06/2020 at 05:52, jbh said:

Just my thought, but you can buy from the online national dealers for less than $80 over spot (+4.35%).  I think the strength of this forum is finding trusted buyers/sellers to be able to conduct transactions remotely.

I  may yet do mailings, if i find a reasonable way. I am new to selling

On 27/06/2020 at 04:54, g33x0r said:

Yikes on so many levels

Any suggestions?

1 minute ago, Witcher said:

There we go...  now people can decide if they want/need a 2013.   I am no expert, but I assume the price will differ per year and condition.

I paid  alot over spot when i bought them in 2013. I am charging the premium all these locals do(wilshire coin, for instance)

1 minute ago, losangelesmike said:

I am in no hurry. Mine are perfect,and you wont find any soon...(i hope!)

Thanks, Mike! Pricing is competitive with some of the US dealers that have them in stock. It can be a little unnerving shipping via USPS or the the other shippers, but I have had an overall positive experience sending and receiving from U.K., France, Belgium, Greece, and of course the U.S. I guess just wanting to encourage opening up your aperture a little. There may be some of us on the East coast, and not in the local LA area, whom may be interested. Again, best of luck! 

2 minutes ago, Witcher said:

That's quite an expensive thing to mail.  One thing to NOT do is... showcase it.  For instance, when online dealers ship, they don't use their name... to give away that precious metals are in the package.  It looks plain.  
You might want to try registered, though that is a lot more and must be signed off. 
I would hope that all people in this forum would be honest, but packages can get lost, stolen, etc.  
so... insuring it might be a good idea too.  

Yes, it is indeed more stress to put such a nice thing into the hands of USPS or UPS, Fed-Ex, etc. 

Thats why i hope to find a local buyer, who can examine them first,etc...los angeles area pretty big

2 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Thanks, Mike! Pricing is competitive with some of the US dealers that have them in stock. It can be a little unnerving shipping via USPS or the the other shippers, but I have had an overall positive experience sending and receiving from U.K., France, Belgium, Greece, and of course the U.S. I guess just wanting to encourage opening up your aperture a little. There may be some of us on the East coast, and not in the local LA area, whom may be interested. Again, best of luck! 

If you know buyers in switzerland, let me know!

You cannot insure precious metals or bullion coins using the Priority Mail system. Sure, they'll happily take your money, but when it comes time to file a claim they'll laugh in your face.

They will only insure coins of numismatic importance - and even then they'll weasel their way around paying out a claim. If you were to ship a 1oz AGE, for instance, regardless of how much you paid for insurance they would only give you face value - $50.00 - for your 1oz gold coin. And even then it would be like pulling teeth to get them to pay.

If you want to ship bullion or precious metals through the USPS the only way to do it safely is to used REGISTERED mail with insurance - and then spring for RESTRICTED delivery. The restricted delivery is important because otherwise the mailman will just sign for the customer and write "COVID" in the signature box ... and then leave the package sitting on the porch without ever knocking on the door. yay!

You can insure those shipments up to $50k, and they are specifically for shipping precious metals and other high value items.

The above was from acquaintance of mine on another precious metal forum. In short, there will always be a risk with shipping. If you were truly concerned, you may wish to follow the above advice. So far, I have been very fortunate to have always received and had delivered anything that was purchased or sold. In general, I think small flat rate box shipping is obviously much better and safer than a plain envelope.  Packing very well and making sure nothing rattles is a must. Excessively taping and securing the outside is necessary.

If you are able to achieve 10% over melt value, that is very good for you. I have a 1 ounce gold buffalo in the wrap from the US Mint with a COA I will sell for $1850.  There is a fair margin of profit to be made on that spread and 10%.

5 hours ago, jbh said:

You cannot insure precious metals or bullion coins using the Priority Mail system. Sure, they'll happily take your money, but when it comes time to file a claim they'll laugh in your face.

They will only insure coins of numismatic importance - and even then they'll weasel their way around paying out a claim. If you were to ship a 1oz AGE, for instance, regardless of how much you paid for insurance they would only give you face value - $50.00 - for your 1oz gold coin. And even then it would be like pulling teeth to get them to pay.

If you want to ship bullion or precious metals through the USPS the only way to do it safely is to used REGISTERED mail with insurance - and then spring for RESTRICTED delivery. The restricted delivery is important because otherwise the mailman will just sign for the customer and write "COVID" in the signature box ... and then leave the package sitting on the porch without ever knocking on the door. yay!

You can insure those shipments up to $50k, and they are specifically for shipping precious metals and other high value items.

The above was from acquaintance of mine on another precious metal forum. In short, there will always be a risk with shipping. If you were truly concerned, you may wish to follow the above advice. So far, I have been very fortunate to have always received and had delivered anything that was purchased or sold. In general, I think small flat rate box shipping is obviously much better and safer than a plain envelope.  Packing very well and making sure nothing rattles is a must. Excessively taping and securing the outside is necessary.

If you are able to achieve 10% over melt value, that is very good for you. I have a 1 ounce gold buffalo in the wrap from the US Mint with a COA I will sell for $1850.  There is a fair margin of profit to be made on that spread and 10%.

Great shipping instructions! I hope i can find local buyers(losangeles area). I am also waiting for new highs.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived