• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Space mining & PM value?

As we have some tin-hat people on here, I assume this has been covered, but I have been following a guy called Richard Dolan for a few years now as I am quite interested in UFO & ET stuff. I am no conspiracy theorist (well maybe a bit), I really like this guy as he looks at the proof & evidence beyond reasonable doubt and wont just speculate. Plus he has a sexy wife, which speaks volumes!!! 

Im not really bothered about aliens at all but what the humans are potentially doing behind our backs in a way to predict the future. There have been some really BIG thing happen this year, which is largely accepted as a slow disclosure to something. The navy have even admitted that a craft that was filmed was public classified as a UFO, which does not sound like much but it's massive. Patents have been submitted for 'cloaking tech' and the list goes on.... The photo is a very well documented craft that is probbaly human made, but I suspect ET reverse engineered. Some of you (maybe all of you) might call all me mad now, but come back to this post when your 80 and see if I am right or not. I dont know TBH?

Anyhow, what does this have to to with PM you ask? I was fishing today and thinking about all of the craft that are more than probably real and thought, how easy would it be to mine asteroids or planets with this technology. Lets pretend the fiat currency collapses & they decide to go back to a gold standard? Would they not be able to provide a s**** load of gold, silver or any other base metal that they can come across? I dont know how much is out there, but it must be an untapped resource & if the tech is a lot more advanced than the s**** we travel in to the costa del sol could it potentially devalue our stacks?? If not now then in the near future at least??

Yes this is a bit random, but who would have thought we would all be sitting at home for a year, not allowed to leave the house? Or we would be chatting live on a little electric notepad 50 years back!!! 

iu.png

24 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Anyhow, what does this have to to with PM you ask? I was fishing today and thinking about all of the craft that are more than probably real and thought, how easy would it be to mine asteroids or planets with this technology. Lets pretend the fiat currency collapses & they decide to go back to a gold standard? Would they not be able to provide a s**** load of gold, silver or any other base metal that they can come across? I dont know how much is out there, but it must be an untapped resource & if the tech is a lot more advanced than the s**** we travel in to the costa del sol could it potentially devalue our stacks?? If not now then in the near future at least??

I'm not sure of the cost of mining asteroids but I assume it would be a very expensive undertaking

You wouldn't do that just to devalue whatever you bring back by bringing back too much, would be totally counterproductive

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

14 minutes ago, Kman said:

I'm not sure of the cost of mining asteroids but I assume it would be a very expensive undertaking

You wouldn't do that just to devalue whatever you bring back by bringing back too much, would be totally counterproductive

Yes good point thanks for that :).

Assuming that there is a secret 'space force' (this is what trump has put forward recently - as an actual new section of the military) it would cost a lot I think, judging by the sheer time & effort it takes to set up a mine on earth!! I would guess it would have to have some serious PM deposits to make it feasible, but just look at Avatar. I know that is a film, but bugger knows what they must have spent to set that up, all for unobtanium. Who is not to say another PM that is far superior (not on our periodic table) is not too far away? I guess desirability plays a big part as Gold has a huge history in relation to platinum, which is in some senses a superior metal? 

Anyhow, I do feel that the technological knowhow is far more advanced than people know, plus with moors law & AI it wont be long before tech is seriously different to what we could ever have imagined or can even imagine now so I dont know really? I just dont want to spend a fortune stacking for 40 years and end up like the diamond industry where they can make the same thing in a lab & my PM (silver especially) not a lot more than what I paid for them in the first place (excluding inflation). ;)

I am just being very subjective here btw. so dont take any of this post too seriously (ie like the gold crash post). :)

46 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

As we have some tin-hat people on here, I assume this has been covered, but I have been following a guy called Richard Dolan for a few years now as I am quite interested in UFO & ET stuff. I am no conspiracy theorist (well maybe a bit), I really like this guy as he looks at the proof & evidence beyond reasonable doubt and wont just speculate. Plus he has a sexy wife, which speaks volumes!!! 

Im not really bothered about aliens at all but what the humans are potentially doing behind our backs in a way to predict the future. There have been some really BIG thing happen this year, which is largely accepted as a slow disclosure to something. The navy have even admitted that a craft that was filmed was public classified as a UFO, which does not sound like much but it's massive. Patents have been submitted for 'cloaking tech' and the list goes on.... The photo is a very well documented craft that is probbaly human made, but I suspect ET reverse engineered. Some of you (maybe all of you) might call all me mad now, but come back to this post when your 80 and see if I am right or not. I dont know TBH?

Yes this is a bit random, but who would have thought we would all be sitting at home for a year, not allowed to leave the house? Or we would be chatting live on a little electric notepad 50 years back!!! 

iu.png

I remember that photo from my X Files cards love that show.

12 minutes ago, Notafront4adragon said:

I remember that photo from my X Files cards love that show.

WOW I did no know that has been a craft for that long, its the most probable one tbh (akin to the industry standard apache helicopter or super fighter). Anti grav tech makes it impervious to gravity & other forces (I guess to a reasonable extent as they have found that a lot of large insects have anti gravity). 

We just have to look back to the classified crafts (blackbird & stealth to name a few) to see how long they can keep stuff secret! Unfortunately I think that the freedom of information act is starting to disclose a lot of the documents from UFO days (ie when they were messing about with nuclear tech), so some very diligent people have meticulously found some seriously interesting content that was clearly not checked or has been leaked by veteran agents and stuff. ;) 

If this is a real craft I hate to think what weapons it might have??

It costs $100,000 to get one pound of payload into low orbit. 95% of that cost is propellant. Getting clear of earth's gravity  costs even more. Getting 5000 tons of mining equipment to an asteroid would cost at least $2 trillion, or $4 trillion round trip. It is physically impossible to reduce the amount of energy required for space travel, so it's not going to happen on a large scale until the cost of energy drops by several orders of magnitude. As things stand

58 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Assuming that there is a secret 'space force' (this is what trump has put forward recently - as an actual new section of the military)

There is a US Space Force, established 20 December 2019. This establishes the man, train and equip function as a service command with the other US military services. We did have US Space Command back in 1985 through 2002 before it was stood down and then re-established in August 2019. This is a unified combatant command responsible for the space operations.

Launch is one of the more costly factors in space missions. The commercialization and refactoring of ballistic missiles to enable space launch helps buy down that cost and improves increased space access.

I tend to agree that there has been an increased revealing to the public of possible extraterrestrial intelligent life and technologies. The acknowledgement of US Navy intercepts with evidence from F/A-18 (possibly F-14) camera pod footage is further proof in that direction. I know a former F-14 pilot who has personally told me that he has seen these UFOs on flight operations.

Don’t foresee that space/asteroid gold mining will impact us anytime soon, nor in our lifetimes or generations to come.

Anyone with the expertise to mine asteroids or planets also knows the effect it will have on its 'earth' price. There is no economic value in mining a gold containing asteroid because it would saturate the market (it would be in theirs and everyone's interest to actually destroy it). However, an industrial commodity from space where its use is more important than its value is another thing entirely. Silver could be at risk there. But that is minimal. The real targets for space mining would be extremely rare industrial elements, elements for fuel generation and elements to sustain further space industries.

• 4 weeks later...

That is exactly what space exploration is about resources exploitation, its not about finding alien life or discovering new planets. Bare in mind the earth has bled dry already of majority of it!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

The amount of money it would take to get equipment to an asteroid (or to any other destination in interplanetary space), much less mine and process the target element, is so high that interplanetary mining almost certainly will never happen. Right now it costs about $100,000 to put 1lb of payload into low earth orbit (1lb of payload plus 19 lbs of propellant). That is about as cheap as it can get. Mining the moon or an asteroid-- even an asteroid of solid gold--would be vastly more expensive

6 hours ago, JoeLS said:

Right now it costs about $100,000 to put 1lb of payload into low earth orbit.

Im talking 20-300 years here, looking at Moores law, anything will be possible before too long!

I do feel that NASA is one very big front for a lot of secret stuff & its coming to the end of the road in many senses. You only have to look at how long they kept other things secret (plus all the evidence) to see thats more than possible. anti gravity tech is certainly being used. So on the basis of that, it might not be as expensive as the BS the public are fed from NASA?? It's actually looking like the US government are working thier way towards disclosure, even the military have admitted that UFO's exist. I don't think this would happen over night as, judging by the panic of Lockdown, the average pedestrian would jump off cliffs or go insane with that realisation. Maybe it would unite all who knows. ;)

Love this guy, but its a lot to do with his smoking hot wife. 

With regards to silver, they need it if they are going to go to the AI revolution thats about to be rolled out, but I would imagine it would still only be economically feasible if it was a by product of something much more in demand, or rare. Also if you flooded the markets with gold it would lover its value (hence my post). That would be a banker or governments dream, especially if they can unroll universal digital credits on a 'digital tattoo' and have them automatically controlled. "Oh you were logged at doing this that or the other, bad boy, you now have half the 'money' to live on this month". Over night they can remove all your assets (theoretically). 

:P

Archived