• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

This is what I have to deal with!

ilovesilverireallydo

Wouldn't mind doing that myself... lucky man 😅

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 minute ago, Notafront4adragon said:

@ilovesilverireallydo what was your best find not in that lot but overall?

Honestly to date nothing beats 2016 5 oz Gold Britannia. That is currently under private sealed bids, and is at the moment topping £11K. (every time all private bids are met, all bidders get a message to let them know current high price - 24 hours to go and looks like we may end up with £12K)

Other than that - I have found a few rare shipwreck and old world coins that would have been melted - but ended up in auction at £200 each (spot value only £5 to £10). These kind of finds make the grind and the hassle worth it. Identified some vintage Tiffany Jewellery that was handed in at scrap too - not allowed to disclose how much that went for, but in that situation, I insisted that the dealer locate who sold it in and split profits with them, which they did. 

As a side note - the dealers I work with, know EXACTLY how much I sell stuff I buy from them for. The reason behind that is that they can see I am being transparent and as a result are willing to work with me regularly. I also split profits with them on high end stuff even if they didnt realise the value of the item. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

13 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

When you are presented with a tub of coins like that, do you give it a good shake to get the better ones to rise to the top?

Lol no I first get annoyed that they have been all stuck in a tub like that 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

2 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

In order to secure a handful of high grade sovs and any specials I have to wade through these. 

Cant complain, it a lot of fun 😂 

462B8BC8-2A68-4A83-BBC0-7FD63F18D9C9.jpeg

892648AD-C9C4-4554-95C4-B08195127AE0.jpeg

I think you should do the honourable thing and donate them (free) to the following address:

Mr HerefordBullyun

Flange Towers

Patron St of Pastry Rd

Engerland

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

23 minutes ago, dicker said:

@ilovesilverireallydo If you don't mid me asking, how often do you come across rare sovs (overdates, low mintages, generally not available)?

Best

Dicker

2-3 out of every 50 or so. 

5 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

Do they not get mullered in a box like that or are they pretty hardy?

I'm a total tart with my coins so forgive the question...😁

It does cause damage. It’s my opinion that half the damage we see on bullion coins is mishandling by dealers as it’s just a bit of metal to them.

Archived