• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Silver Bullion Britannia Dog Privy

PantharClaw

Hi all I am new to the forum so I really hope you can help me out. I collect Silver 1oz bullion Britannia's, and up to a few weeks ago I thought that I had all the silver bullion Britannia's from 1997 to 2020 in my collection, and this including all the Lunar privy marked one's to, but then I saw a picture of a 2018 Britannia coin with the Dog privy mark. So since then I have checked and looked everywhere to research and hopefully buy one, but I've hit a wall. This is where I pray this forum can help me, does this coin actual exist and if so what mintage figure does it have, and finally is it possible to  buy one of these coin's or am I just looking for that needle in the numismatic hay stack. So if you can help me with this issue I shall be forever grateful.  Thankyou.

Lunar year of the dog. Most of the dealers have listings for them with a description but finding one in stock may be tricky. Try putting a 'wanted' advert in the trade section.

There are other lunar 'year of' privy marked coins too.

Here is a list of the Britannia privy series.
Each coin is a standard Britannia design obverse & reverse but the edge is smooth without the reeding and on the perimeter there are small animal signs embossed.
To be honest these are just basic, kind of boring, bullion coins and were commissioned for a USA bullion dealer.
For an unknown reason the 2018 dog and the 2019 pig are impossible to find these days at a realistic price.
Some sellers will aim to sell for eye-watering prices and there will be a buyer out there with deep pockets.
Perhaps in time a shed load will appear out of the woodwork and we will all be able to buy them.
All the others privy coins are priced in the £24 or thereabouts part of the spectrum.
If you need a 2016 monkey I have several spares and might have some of the others if you are hunting them down.

2013 - Year of the Snake
2014 - Year of the Horse
2015 - Year of the Sheep
2016 - Year of the Monkey
2017 - Year of the Rooster
2018 - Year of the Dog
2019 - Year of the Pig
2020 - Year of the Rat

In addition there are the Britannia Oriental Border coins which are a lovely design - 2018, 2019 and 2020

Also the 20th Anniversary trident coin 2017 and not forgetting the Britannia / Lunar Horse Mule.

I could possible help you with all the above so PM if wishing to discuss details.

I have the Dog, they are my sold listings up there, one for £85 and one for £90, both plus £8 post, I actively sell them for £70 plus post outside of eBay, let me know if you want one @PantharClaw

The hunt is on!

Follow my Morgan dollar quest and watch other video's on my YouTube channel: Peacemaker

• 1 month later...
On 18/06/2020 at 22:17, Liam84 said:

Lunar year of the dog. Most of the dealers have listings for them with a description but finding one in stock may be tricky. Try putting a 'wanted' advert in the trade section.

There are other lunar 'year of' privy marked coins too.

Thankyou

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 24/10/2020 at 18:25, Coolsmp said:

With pure luck, I managed to get a privy pig 🐖 arrived this morning feels very surreal as I never thought I'd ever own one. I don't think its worth as much as the one on eBay as it is a little beat up but it's still a privy pig. 

IMG_20201212_155953.jpg

IMG_20201212_155440.jpg

Archived