• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I want to show.....

1 minute ago, Silverman2U said:

Great day out at the coin fair in London today. Thought would share a few cracking pictures of the day… and coins.

There had to be £50+m in coins on display today! Well impressive. 

PS. Have removed companies selling where possible to stay within rules of forum. 

6056DD9F-B59A-4339-B4E4-DE831FA3601C.jpeg

53B93CF2-60BA-4BC7-86A3-4EA17F8CB2C9.jpeg

9A4C7D68-87BF-44AE-8499-E79B55A27558.jpeg

AAD4DBD4-2DEC-4FEA-9C60-C656318B34D0.jpeg

A1C6A8D1-F4C5-4FEF-B293-CA851ACD7CFB.jpeg

AD7EE505-F4EC-4169-B9E9-EBD59EFE84E3.jpeg

2C8F9711-4B35-4149-8201-4117FBA5772E.jpeg

968FC62F-E2BB-4439-AF6D-7DA9375E76D6.jpeg

The guy wasn’t too keen to get the 1 kilo gold 3 graces out to look. I get that… 😂… I was a little short on the £90-£95k asking price! 😂 

Just now, Silverman2U said:

The guy wasn’t too keen to get the 1 kilo gold 3 graces out to look. I get that… 😂… I was a little short on the £90-£95k asking price! 😂 

The thing I lived though as meeting a few passionate few passionate people. EBay sellers at that. Will be doing a few deals with those that took the time to educate me. Loved it! :) Big thanks!! 

Great little coin sold to me by @DuncanWylieWilson. Thank you my man for being such a great introducer to the world of older gold and numismatics!

This coin is 167 years old, and less than 150,000 of them were minted. I absolutely love this one! I sometimes wonder how many are still out there... 🤔

20220205_201345.jpg

20220205_201402.jpg

Always shipping with re-used or biodegradable packaging.

Looking to sell some items to fund a holiday. I've got some items for sale. PM me or check my profile if interested: Hitler's 3rd Reich 2 Reichsmark Coins, Roman Imperial Denarii and Other silver coins/items.

5 minutes ago, stackerp5 said:

Couldn't agree any less! I was bit by the gold bug too 😅🤩

This one's been well looked after 1354+ years, sold by my mate @Leonmarsh, another numismatic legend!

Oh my camera is so grainy😡, doesn't capture the beauty!

20220205_203021.jpg

20220205_203032.jpg

So old and still looking so great, I wished I was made from gold, LOL 🤣

Thoughts on coin capsules?! 
By Silverman.
————-

I am interested in peoples’ thoughts. What is the best coin capsules to really protect your valuable coins? Leuchtturn or Air-tite or someone else? And who is the best supplier?

Bad examples

——

Let’s start with the down right terrible from sadly a seller on TSF (and has yet to respond to my request, don’t think asking for a refund was too much to ask? 😒). See video below. I am holding back from the name and shame game, but will be happy to right a factual review in time should I not here back from the seller. I would like all my fellow TSF members get quality they expect from being on this forum. 

Then let’s go to royal mint and the 1mm air gap I have noticed on all the way around my 2oz silver coins I am getting these days. Also my 3oz £5K+ platinium proof coin. don’t get it as it will let dust into coin as not sealed inside at top. The only way to protect coins is a PCGS or NGC case if you want to display coin at all

I have decided to write an email to my account manager at the mint questioning the quality of the capsules after @BackyardBullion recent YouTube video outlining also delays on getting the Jubilee coins out. I have reiterated my concern on coin series delays too. 

Good

—-

Now lets go to the good. The type of capsules. Air-tite and Leuchtturm seem to be the leads. Then the gold standard has to be NGC and PGCS. Having received an impression that NGC was desirable (probably because I like the profession look on their slabs) I was surprised to here a different view point for a dealer at London coin fair that lent more towards PGCS. Either way either of these are your best option though come at s price. 

Then there are sellers…

Which ones? 

77C47A60-F8BD-4C59-A7EB-B91AECADAFBF.jpeg

Edited by Silverman2U

3 hours ago, Silverman2U said:

Thoughts on coin capsules?! 
By Silverman.
————-

I am interested in peoples’ thoughts. What is the best coin capsules to really protect your valuable coins? Leuchtturn or Air-tite or someone else? And who is the best supplier?

Bad examples

——

Let’s start with the down right terrible from sadly a seller on TSF (and has yet to respond to my request, don’t think asking for a refund was too much to ask? 😒). See video below. I am holding back from the name and shame game, but will be happy to right a factual review in time should I not here back from the seller. I would like all my fellow TSF members get quality they expect from being on this forum. 

Then let’s go to royal mint and the 1mm air gap I have noticed on all the way around my 2oz silver coins I am getting these days. Also my 3oz £5K+ platinium proof coin. don’t get it as it will let dust into coin as not sealed inside at top. The only way to protect coins is a PCGS or NGC case if you want to display coin at all

I have decided to write an email to my account manager at the mint questioning the quality of the capsules after @BackyardBullion recent YouTube video outlining also delays on getting the Jubilee coins out. I have reiterated my concern on coin series delays too. 

Good

—-

Now lets go to the good. The type of capsules. Air-tite and Leuchtturm seem to be the leads. Then the gold standard has to be NGC and PGCS. Having received an impression that NGC was desirable (probably because I like the profession look on their slabs) I was surprised to here a different view point for a dealer at London coin fair that lent more towards PGCS. Either way either of these are your best option though come at s price. 

Then there are sellers…

Which ones? 

77C47A60-F8BD-4C59-A7EB-B91AECADAFBF.jpeg

To answer on your question about capsules. If the company would have an official reseller in the EU, I would go for Air-tites but their shipping cost is just crazy and than you have to pay import taxes and vat on it so I have chosen the second option. Leuchtturm has a wide range of capsules, also special ones who have a product that guarantees at least 15 years against tarnishing. They also have good prices and low shipping cost.

1 minute ago, Centauri167 said:

To answer on your question about capsules. If the company would have an official reseller in the EU, I would go for Air-tites but their shipping cost is just crazy and than you have to pay import taxes and vat on it so I have chosen the second option. Leuchtturm has a wide range of capsules, also special ones who have a product that guarantees at least 15 years against tarnishing. They also have good prices and low shipping cost.

Thanks did not know about that 15 years against tarnishing. Is that on any of there capsules do you know or ultra special models?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, stackerp5 said:

Stunning 1.9g gold nugget from W. Australia. It has white and rose quartz. Love it!
10x pictures taken before placing in the 'envelope'.

IMG_8796.jpg

IMG_8797.jpg

IMG_8800.jpg

Very nice, now I am thinking about it, something that every "Gold bug" should have in his stack/ collection. I hope I will have the chance to get one soon.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/05/2022 at 16:07, Britannia47 said:

'Four Eagles' = Four  Metals! + One oz Silver .45ACP. with my name on it! :ph34r:
Thank-you @daca2007 it is. The silver and gold are both 1995.

IMG_3007 (2).JPG

All excellent coins thanks for sharing 👍