• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What’s the lowest price per oz have you paid for your silver?

SilverMaple

I bought a ten ounce Queens Beast Yale when silver had it's big downturn this past spring. I had been following news a lot more than usual since January and had a feeling it could happen. I bought at $12.13 per oz. Though with the usual premiums on beast coins it was more than that. Still glad I got it for cheap while I could lol. 

1 hour ago, Killerzen said:

I bought a ten ounce Queens Beast Yale when silver had it's big downturn this past spring. I had been following news a lot more than usual since January and had a feeling it could happen. I bought at $12.13 per oz. Though with the usual premiums on beast coins it was more than that. Still glad I got it for cheap while I could lol. 

That’s a fantastic price, they sell for £210 now. 

13 minutes ago, WotNxt said:

I got this 10g Silver MMTC PAMP Silver Banyan for free when purchasing my first 1oz Britannia ... for helping the seller identify, fix and test a security issue with his website.

Other than that, I managed to get 25 x 1oz Silver Britannias near the bottom of the recent market for £14.00 per oz + VAT delivered.  Everything has seemed expensive since lol.

10g Silver Banyan.jpg

Great price for the Britannias! Which UK dealer did you use? I noticed many didn’t have stock during the price drop.

I paid just over £10/ozt for 8.5 ozt of silver (in the form of pre-1947 shillings and half crowns) in April from ebay - the person who I bought them off sent me about 20 more shillings than was advertised. I sent a message offering to pay the difference but they declined, so I guess it worked out well for me!

3 hours ago, Neuri0n said:

£13.20 per once for 25 Royal Arms 2020 coins back in March. 

goldsilver.be had a price screw up so I took advantage. Wish I'd have bought way more. 

hehe thats amazing! It's good of them to honor that. Please share on EU deals if you come across a glitch like that again.

Be sure to make the purchase for yourself first of course 😉 

3 hours ago, SilverMaple said:

hehe thats amazing! It's good of them to honor that. Please share on EU deals if you come across a glitch like that again.

Be sure to make the purchase for yourself first of course 😉 

For sure. Honestly I don't even think I was part of this website until around 3 days after I bought those. Only been stacking since the beginning of Jan. 

In fact the cheapest I’ve paid for silver is £10 per oz! 

I got a set of bullion coins from Westminster mint back in 2003, £30 for 3 coins: kangaroo, liberty and maple leaf!

Looks like the Aussie coin has stood the test of time better. The maple has developed milk spots and the eagle has tarnishing around the coin margins.

EB5A8F62-3C9C-4030-B0D6-C3E26A54BB3F.jpeg

Scratch that, I did pay .10 for a silver roosevelt dime technically, but I had to dig through 2,500 dimes to find it....  (Bought a $250 box of dimes from the bank).  

On 15/06/2020 at 14:13, MrUpwardlyMobile said:

Face value for 90% constitutional silver is the lowest that I’ve ever paid.  I’ve not found a whole lot of that.

I dug through a few banks for rolls of half dollars, managed to find five 40%. I probably searched through about $600. 

• 2 weeks later...

I feel so old. Used to buy Britannias for a fiver each at my local coin auction - no-one else wanted them at the turn of the century because they were so over-priced.

About the same time i was buying sovereigns direct from the RM for less than £60 and trawling eBay for .925 silver jewellery for less than the cost of the postage !

Archived