• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

First thread, new stacker, started 7 days ago creeping on 200oz

Cooldaddyfunk286

Here's the 1884 Morgan s. I know it's really worn and it's not graded, I found it loose in a cardboard box with the rest of the collection, I put it in a capsule. This is fully natural toning, when I'm wondering is is this level of toning desirable? Because I haven't even seen it on eBay, and I'm wondering if that's because it's rare to have it this dark? The pictures make it look even lighter lol, not by much though.. anyone have an idea what this may be worth?

IMG_20200618_210746.jpg

IMG_20200618_210813.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Cooldaddyfunk286 said:

This is what I found. I'm pretty sure my father collected this from his teens. Born in 46-04. RIP DAD! THANKS MAN! 💪🙏

IMG_20200618_215936.jpg

IMG_20200618_210345.jpg

Be careful when the time comes to sought the house out if that's what your mum knew about his coins where is the stuff she didn't know about. 

I cleared a relatives flat a few years back and nearly 💩 my self when I went through the kitchen cupboards and found a krugerrand in a match box stuff was hidden everywhere 

2 hours ago, Robda1986 said:

Be careful when the time comes to sought the house out if that's what your mum knew about his coins where is the stuff she didn't know about. 

I cleared a relatives flat a few years back and nearly 💩 my self when I went through the kitchen cupboards and found a krugerrand in a match box stuff was hidden everywhere 

Wow! A 1 ozer? Lol. Awesome story. Now I believe there's some rolls of 86 eagles around there somewhere, he was into silver and the silver eagle came out my birth year, his only son. We'll see! Let's ALOT in the way of valuable Zippo collection, gun and rifle collection, many sold back to shop in the 16 years since. U know we have an attic at that house only he had ever been in. 🤔 Thanks!

2 hours ago, Robda1986 said:

Luckily also, the house is paid off and I will be the only one taking it over, but you just set a whole new set of wheels cranking in my brain! Very true, indicative of him too. Really, thanks! 😀👍

Just another shot of my first piece of gold! (aside jewelry)

Thanks!

IMG_20200623_225037.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Fast forward a few weeks I'm sitting on 2x 10th eagles w another on the way, a quarter eagle, another already bought just need to pick up. Now lm looking for a 1 oz buffalo, and then I'm completely focusing back on silver primarily. Gold is pretty sweet tho, feels secure. But I love the long term w silver. And possibly gold. 

IMG_20200701_173750~2.jpg

IMG_20200701_173802~2.jpg

IMG_20200627_175723.jpg

IMG_20200627_175717.jpg

On 05/07/2020 at 11:40, Neuri0n said:

b r u h 

That's one hell of a first week. Congrats on the stack and welcome to the party. 

Thanks bro! Just about 4 weeks in on the hobby now. I'm already looking for a 1 oz gold buffalo. 🤣. But I really just wanna blow my gold nut so I can get back to the silver for a while! Altho I have accumulated a bit pretty quickly like you said. IDK, I like both of em! Also got a pamp gram of Platinum coming in from my buddy soon. He scored 3 of them for 70 somethin bucks! Hooking me up w one. Same guy who's kinda my stacking mentor. 

Thanks! 

Just snagged a 2020 brittania. Wanna see how I like them. I feel like they may be the most beautiful soverign, but I like in the US and I heard they aren't too popular here? GORGEOUS coin I can't wait to get it! 

It blows that all the bars I want are $$$ brittania bars and RCM 10 oz bars. I really dig em. But I don't dig that premium. I can get the American flags for 205. 🤷🏻‍♂️

10 hours ago, Cooldaddyfunk286 said:

I can get the American flags for 205. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Good grief, you yanks and your cheap silver do my nut in. Good luck ever finding anything that isn't at least 30% on top of spot over this side of the pond 😒

On 07/07/2020 at 12:22, Neuri0n said:

Good grief, you yanks and your cheap silver do my nut in. Good luck ever finding anything that isn't at least 30% on top of spot over this side of the pond 😒

Silver bullion is not even subject to sales tax where I am.  

• 2 weeks later...

It is where I am, so I drive 45 minutes to a different state and buy it lol. It's actually double taxed in my state.

Got some 100s for the closest to spot iv paid yet. Just wanted to add some good quick weight. I don't see myself buying many 100s lol. That took care of some silver, now I can get an oz of gold. I had half my money down for an oz of gold, but at the last minute I had to say silver. Glad I did! 💪👍

Heavy heavy 

*One of these, my mother bought for her stack!* I kept the Scottsdale, but that engelhard is retro sexy lol.*

IMG_20200718_134600.jpg

IMG_20200718_134327.jpg

Decided to keep my focus on silver for now, picking up 50 oz of walker half dollars tomorrow for 2+$ under spot! Pumped about that! I'll post what I get tomorrow, also a roll of 02 eagles @ 21 an oz! Not too shabby!

Recycled pic from my dad's stack we found. But my mother kept all that haha, so I had to get my own constitutional! She gave me one roll of walkers lol. 

IMG_20200618_211537.jpg

IMG_20200618_211545.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Cooldaddyfunk286 said:

I'm looking @ closer to 450 soon n climbing boys! Almost 1 ozt of fractional gold eagles.

I wish I had ten grand spare to dump into PMs. There's definitely some nice stuff you've picked up there. I'm especially a fan of those 5 oz bars.

Archived