• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What is your opinion on weather or not the US govt is manipulating gold spot prices?

Midnight

Historically speaking what should be happening isn't yet it seems to be quite the opposite. President claims v-shaped recovery but rioting, looting and civil unrest dominate the landscape yet gold either drops or hovers around 1700. Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about or I need to be more educated on the subject but I'm interested to learn and understand others opinions / perspectives on the subject.

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

Historically speaking what should be happening isn't yet it seems to be quite the opposite. President claims v-shaped recovery but rioting, looting and civil unrest dominate the landscape yet gold either drops or hovers around 1700. Maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about or I need to be more educated on the subject but I'm interested to learn and understand others opinions / perspectives on the subject.

12 minutes ago, Prophecy said:

@Midnight Define what you think should be happening so we can get an idea on your perspective.

When the FED pumps money in unlimited amounts the dollar (historically) should lose power yet thats not what we see.

29 minutes ago, Prophecy said:

@Midnight Define what you think should be happening so we can get an idea on your perspective.

Edit. Ok, you're just going to edit your original post to make me look like a muppet.

No, Im new to this and dident mean to reply to my post but to ur question. My apologies.

1 minute ago, Prophecy said:

I should note that the link doesn't reference the pandemic money printing, more about the years from 2008 to 2017, but it's pretty much the same concept.

Yeah i read over it and figured we must still be early on the gold spike (which is my assumption) and that why i FEEL like personally the gold spot is not where its supposed to be. I believe it should be higher.

I think it's safe to say that none of us know the answer to your original subject line question, but here are a few points to consider:

1. I don't think it's fair to say that "rioting, looting and civil unrest dominate the landscape".  Clearly it's happening, but we live in a large country and for many of us, myself included, it's something we only see when we watch or read the news.  If this were to get worse or more widespread, I think it may affect the stock market first, and more directly, than the price of gold.  

2. The money printing is happening in other economies as well, and the relative strength or weakness of the dollar is affected by this.  Given that we don't have negative rates (at least not yet?), and other economies do, it makes sense to me that for now the dollar maintains some level of strength.

3. Regarding gold, one important difference looking at the present versus history is the existence of cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin.  There is clearly some level of purchasing power which in the past would have gone to gold, that is now diverted to bitcoin.

So these are some points to think about regarding gold, but all things considered at the moment, it's certainly something I want to own as a portion of my own portfolio. 🙂

Gold only goes up if people jump on board.

Right now I think a lot of people see stocks as too big to fail. They think stocks will go up forever and as a safe haven.

They are wrong of course, but its all about timeframes. No one knows when stock markets collapse will happen but when it does I cant see gold dropping with it.

Almost all markets are manipulated.

Currencies like the Hong Kong$ and Saudi riyal are artificially pegged to the US$. Bond prices and yields are being manipulated by central banks buying bonds to supress interest rates and let governments borrow cheap. OPEC controls the price of oil. The EU provides subsidies to guarantee agricultural commodity prices. The housing market is manipulated by Help to Buy. 

All of this is done openly. It's quite likely and in fact probable that there is a lot of manipulation that is concealed from the public. The gold price may very well be a victim.

10 hours ago, Rocky2000 said:

How could anybody claim these markets are freely traded?

NO ONE CAN - ! 😉👍

Just look at the shortages prevailing within the "PHYSICAL MARKET" - - NOT the "PAPER" markets!

New to buying but watching for a while now and it feels like it should be at a much higher price than its current one,equities are surely going to suffer not too far down the line as they are being piled into willy nilly.A lot of small to medium companies (bars/restaurants/coffee shops) are returning  on a "suck it and see" basis and could find that post covid with the new rules pertaining and less customers that their business in not viable.

13 hours ago, Midnight said:

When the FED pumps money in unlimited amounts the dollar (historically) should lose power yet thats not what we see.

NOT JUST the "FED" - - Btw! 😉🙄

UK 🙄

Japan  🙄

EU/ECB = every country within!  🙄 

IMHO - - "FIAT" is being "PRINTED to OBLIVION"!! 

TIME to be "REALLY SCARED"!!!

scared scooby doo GIF

BERT WERT DUZ AYE NO!??

5 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

NOT JUST the "FED" - - Btw! 😉🙄

UK 🙄

Japan  🙄

EU/ECB = every country within!  🙄 

IMHO - - "FIAT" is being "PRINTED to OBLIVION"!! 

TIME to be "REALLY SCARED"!!!

scared scooby doo GIF

BERT WERT DUZ AYE NO!??

Its a been long time coming. Unfortunately the crash will be on the bigger and some scale of 1929. But whose to say when this year, next year, 10 years? But the longer its goes on the bigger the bubble, just waiting for that pin and for me it will be something like GREXIT to trigger it all, the domino effect of the euro collapse is going to send shockwaves through the markets. Greece is cornered now, Alike spain and italy, they will continue to milk the ECB until legarde says no more, but she wont - until her sucessor says so. She will be making her own exit way before the euro goes down the pipe.  The Debt balance sheet of how the euro is staggering espically over such a short time frame. I worry more for the members whom are in the EURO in the forum than brits, but by no means sterling is going to feel the burn due to our largest industry is the now the financial sector. Wall st will fully understand what its like to be on main st when the printing of the money doesnt work in the end game.......

Archived