• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Invest in gold or invest in a buy to let property which is the best option ?

13 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Listen to the podcast my friend. It is not David Icke saying viruses don’t happen in waves! He’s a PHD and owned a biotech company.

The virus will end when Sage says it has. FFS, there weren’t any epidemiologists on Sage for the first 3 months. They probably struggled to buy someone off. It was all mathematicians running bad models.

MSM brainwashing at its finest.

Do you also think the Spanish flu was just a conspiracy theory 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, taffybogal said:

Do you also think the Spanish flu was just a conspiracy theory 

No it was a real flu just like this is a real virus.

Actually, possibly more than one strain Of flu around the same time. They only have one strain in the labs now because of some frozen people who died of it they managed to defrost and sample. They couldn’t test for it back them so people could of died from flu, another corona type virus and/or something else. It is simply labeled as Spanish Flu.

I will refer you back to the podcast and the PHD who mentions Spanish Flu in the podcast. Which you have not listened to yet I guess. 🤔 

People who make up their minds about something never listen to advice - especially when it's to the contrary.

Back to Gold v BTL??? Before this thread gets shutdown. We can continue on the virus thread if you want?

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

1 hour ago, MancunianStacker said:

The virus will end when Sage says it has. FFS, there weren’t any epidemiologists on Sage for the first 3 months. They probably struggled to buy someone off. It was all mathematicians running bad models.

Prof Whitty is a epidemiologist, as is Van-Tam, and there is at least one other John Edmund, there since before the start of this.  The data show a second wave, increases in hospital admissions not just test results, are happening no matter what a podcaster says. 

On 24/10/2020 at 09:44, MancunianStacker said:

The two bedroom semi looked like very good value for money at £80k , prices will increase with demand over the coming years 👍

Hi, from personal experience there is no comparison between the 2 asset classes. Property is a cash flow generating asset providing passive income  while gold is a safe heaven to be part of your portfolio and probably hug before bedtime. 

Similarities between the 2

-hard assets

-they can both create capital gains

-both add up to generational wealth creation

As own both I weigh in on the discussion. Graduated in 2000 working for an IT outsourcing company with base office in Manchester but worked three years in London on full expenses (travel / accommodation and food) before made redundant moved back in with my parents at age of 25 over with over 100k in savings. Had brand new BMW fully loaded spec out had few test drives fallen in love with the car about to buy with cash but my dad intervened and persuaded me (against my will) to invest two semi detached properties sold via auction. I felt miserable spending my spare time cleaning out these properties and doing them up before renting them out.

When it was 2008 ready to buy my own house already saved large deposit with salary rental income living with parents. Later on got married and invested in some additional rental properties. Partner I worked tirelessly pay off all mortgages rental properties and residential home. In 2018 decided not to invest any further and diversify into PMs.

The first two rental properties are the foundation of my stack it is astounding how much rental income collected on these properties over last 17 years plus property appreciation. Without these two properties I would not be in the financial position I am in now.

In 2018 worried about recession did not see any further value in buying any more rental property but did not even consider selling any of them. Everyone circumstances different but I will always and forever be grateful to my late father for persuading me at the age of 25 back in 2003 to invest in rental properties.

My position now is that I am almost finished stacking and am focused on saving cash for potential cheaper properties in the years to come......

• 4 months later...
On 25/10/2020 at 09:53, Midasfrog said:

The two bedroom semi looked like very good value for money at £80k , prices will increase with demand over the coming years 👍

Just wanted to wake up this thread after Rishi said he was helping with 5% deposits (details to be disclosed at some point). So on a 90% mortgage they just need to find 5% themselves again now (by the sounds of it).

Looking around 5 miles from where I live (Bury area), the lowest prices 2 Bed or more property is £165k. £120k for a 1 bed “cottage”.

As I was saying, I can’t see property prices dropping now the Govt are helping start the chains off again. I have 3 FTB couples waiting to save 10%. They already have 5%, so there is three new sales once’s this proposal goes through.

Then we also have up to 300,000 Hong Kong families moving over soon and they won’t want to rent, that’s for sure.  They are big into property investment.

So, let’s see what happens. Yes the Stamp Duty extension will help the middle priced buyers but this will kick start the chains again.

If you were considering buying a property, now might be the best chance to secure something before there is no stock left (imho). 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Archived