• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My First Time Refining Silver

Bassdude

Hi all

Just wanted to share my first ever silver refining experience and my first post here on the silver forums.

This silver was refind from electrical terminals out of electric forklifts and here is the finnished product, it took me alot of mistakes and time and researching but i learned alot and perfected my system, just got the purity test back on them and they are 99.16% pure silver which is a far better result than i was expecting.

All done with nitric acid, distilled water and copper, im also going to build a second refining process to get my future silver to 999.99% using a silver cell as the second refining process.

20200422_154131.jpg

Well done!

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Looking forward to hearing how it works out..

There is a youtuber who calls himself sreetips that refines precious metals and uses a silver cell.  Kind of jealous that you get to experience it firsthand.  Best of luck!

2 hours ago, sixgun said:

Well done!

4 minutes ago, dicker said:

Very nice result!

Thanks guys im pretty pround of my first batch

5 minutes ago, MetalMandible said:

Looking forward to hearing how it works out..

There is a youtuber who calls himself sreetips that refines precious metals and uses a silver cell.  Kind of jealous that you get to experience it firsthand.  Best of luck!

Yes i watched most of his refinging videos thats where i learned most of whar i know.

I really enjoyed doing the entire refining process and am looking at trying to build a business out of it now that i have invested a bit of money in equipment. I need to work on my bar pouring skills alot as you can probably tell by the picture.

That's very cool indeed. I actually kind of like the 'almost reconstructed' T-1000 liquid metal terminator look of that top bar.

Well done for taking the plunge and having a go, I'm sure it's a thought many of us have entertained but not brought to fruition 👌

2 hours ago, Liam84 said:

That's very cool indeed. I actually kind of like the 'almost reconstructed' T-1000 liquid metal terminator look of that top bar.

Well done for taking the plunge and having a go, I'm sure it's a thought many of us have entertained but not brought to fruition 👌

Its a fun process and relatively easily done if you have the right equipment

4 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

Maybe a YouTube/Bitchute channel beckons? Shove a camera in your face whilst your working and talk through what you're doing, it may be another way to top up the pot as your projects grow.

I have definitely thought about that too. 😂

8 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

do you have an idea of the economics of the whole process?

Well because it was my first time doing it was not very economical with all the mistakes and rerefining. But it worked out to be cheap to do as the chemicals and distilled was is relatively cheap here in New Zealand and it didn't use much nitric acid really. My next batch i will be working out costs and profit.

Archived