• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Contacting goldsilver.be. Need help please.

Silverman2U

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had a delivery from them arrive today which was made up of 5 individual orders. No communication from them at all for 2 weeks after I placed my last order and instructed them to send until I sent an email enquiry as to what was going on. Got no email back other than an automated one a few hours later saying my order status had updated. 

They managed to send it to the address of the 1st order despite the last order with the delivery instruction having the correct address and me sending a separate email clarifying the address to send it to. At least I got everything. So wouldn't worry about nothing arriving

2 hours ago, greektony said:

I just had a delivery from them arrive today which was made up of 5 individual orders. No communication from them at all for 2 weeks after I placed my last order and instructed them to send until I sent an email enquiry as to what was going on. Got no email back other than an automated one a few hours later saying my order status had updated. 

They managed to send it to the address of the 1st order despite the last order with the delivery instruction having the correct address and me sending a separate email clarifying the address to send it to. At least I got everything. So wouldn't worry about nothing arriving

This is the kind of thing to avoid doing when dealing with GSB specifically.

Don't have multiple addresses and email them updates etc - it's just not how they do business. Similarly don't mess about with the payment, don't ask for refunds, don't complain about capsules etc. They stack high and sell cheap (relatively), so know that going in and measure expectations accordingly. While their customer service is shocking and they don't do updates etc, 9/10 of the 'actual' issues (i.e. not just crappy comms) starts with a customer doing something outside of the normal process. 

Not aiming this at you mate, just a general remark on most of the issues I see posted about GSB. They never email someone who follows the process out of the blue just to call them a kloot! 😂

If you try to be the cheapest in town you will attract the more price sensitive customers. These customers are more likely to be less well off and are therefore more sensitive about every penny spent. As a result, they are more likely to complain and these complaints cost time and money to manage properly which the business doesn't have. The resulting increase in the amounts of customer service reassurance requests and less overhead to manage it all means a small business can very easily get shorter and angrier with their complaining customers if they don't have the staff or temperament to cope. And the cycle goes on and on.

You see it a lot in hospitality and with other retail that's focussed on the lowest prices possible. It's a race to the bottom and the owner of this business knows it. He doesn't respect his customers because, individually, they aren't worth his time as soon as they expect support. He should raise his premiums to take the pressure off his shoulders or pack it in.

He's the coin dealer equivalent of a greasy spoon, not a fine dining restaurant. We all know how Mrs Miggins likes to serve your mushy peas and how she treats you if you complain they are a little cold or delayed.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone.
This is my first post as I just joined today.

I´m kind of shocked at the dealings I´ve had GoldSilver.BE and  I thought I´d reach out here and see if I can get some well meant advice other than the obvious...You got what you paid for....or ..You shouldn´t have bought from them in the first place...

I live in Stockholm, Sweden and  recently ordered a Monster Box of silver Britannia coins from GoldSilver.BE in Belgium.

Since it was the first Monster Box I ever bought and a large sum of money, I thought I´d use a reputable and large company like Michael Maloney´s GoldSilver.com and their (what I thought it was)...." Belgium branch; www.goldsilver.BE. Now it turns out that they´ve apparently got nothing to do with each other.

Anyway, when I received the box, although there were straps round the box, it was immediately obvious that the box had been opened before! The plastic seal between the covers had been cut and upon opening the box, there were also a few coins that were scratched and damaged.

In my email to them when ordering, I was clear in that I only wanted to go ahead if it was a brand new box with brand new coins which this evidently wasn´t! 

I had also ordered 300 plastic capsules and in the email asked them to please send the correct capsules for the purchased coins in the Monster Box.

When I wrote to them about all this they said that this is the way they received the box in and therefore it´s ok.
They are very unpleasant to deal with and quite rude and are not prepared to change any of the scratched and damaged coins against new ones and as for the plastic capsules, they said that I could order the correct ones but at my own expense. (Not sure if I can even send back the one´s which were the wrong size and get the money back).

In all the emails I sent them (Until I told them to stop) and in the answers I received from them, they conveniently every time cut out all the text I had written to them so that there would be not record.

My main questions are:
1)
Is it normal when ordering a new Monsterbox of silver coins from dealers, that the seal already was broken before delivery and that the box had already been opened as well as coins having been changed in and out of the box (Some of the coins in the box I received were so damaged and scratched that I´d never be able to sell them on!)
2)
Is there some affiliation or board of conduct or something within this industry that I can turn to for support?
3)
Should I just drop this or somehow stand my ground and try and get them to compensate me or change the used box I received against a new one. (Which I very much doubt they would)
4)
Is it correct that Michael Maloney´s company goldSilver.com has nothing to do with GoldSilver.BE ?

Best regards and many thanks for reading this and even bigger thanks if you answered :)
Have a super day.

Coin 2.JPG

Monsterbox1.JPG

10 minutes ago, Buyingfreedom said:

My main questions are:
1)
Is it normal when ordering a new Monsterbox of silver coins from dealers, that the seal already was broken before delivery and that the box had already been opened as well as coins having been changed in and out of the box (Some of the coins in the box I received were so damaged and scratched that I´d never be able to sell them on!)
2)
Is there some affiliation or board of conduct or something within this industry that I can turn to for support?
3)
Should I just drop this or somehow stand my ground and try and get them to compensate me or change the used box I received against a new one. (Which I very much doubt they would)
4)
Is it correct that Michael Maloney´s company goldSilver.com has nothing to do with GoldSilver.BE ?

Best regards and many thanks for reading this and even bigger thanks if you answered :)
Have a super day.

Coin 2.JPG

Monsterbox1.JPG

1. No, I would expect a monster box to be sealed.

2. No.

3. They are very unlikely to compensate you, have a moan and move on.

4. Nothing to do with Mike Maloney.

Sorry to be brief, it’s late and I’m sleepy.

50 minutes ago, Buyingfreedom said:

Hi everyone.

I´m kind of shocked at the dealings I´ve had GoldSilver.BE and  I thought I´d reach out here and see if I can get some well meant advice other than the obvious...You got what you paid for....or ..You shouldn´t have bought from them in the first place...

I live in Stockholm, Sweden and  recently ordered a Monster Box of silver Britannia coins from GoldSilver.BE in Belgium.

Since it was the first Monster Box I ever bought and a large sum of money, I thought I´d use a reputable and large company like Michael Maloney´s GoldSilver.com and their (what I thought it was)...." Belgium branch; www.goldsilver.BE. Now it turns out that they´ve apparently got nothing to do with each other.

Anyway, when I received the box, although there were straps round the box, it was immediately obvious that the box had been opened before! The plastic seal between the covers had been cut and upon opening the box, there were also a few coins that were scratched and damaged.

In my email to them when ordering, I was clear in that I only wanted to go ahead if it was a brand new box with brand new coins which this evidently wasn´t! 

I had also ordered 300 plastic capsules and in the email asked them to please send the correct capsules for the purchased coins in the Monster Box.

When I wrote to them about all this they said that this is the way they received the box in and therefore it´s ok.
They are very unpleasant to deal with and quite rude and are not prepared to change any of the scratched and damaged coins against new ones and as for the plastic capsules, they said that I could order the correct ones but at my own expense. (Not sure if I can even send back the one´s which were the wrong size and get the money back).

In all the emails I sent them (Until I told them to stop) and in the answers I received from them, they conveniently every time cut out all the text I had written to them so that there would be not record.

My main questions are:
1)
2)
3)
4)

Have a super day.

Oh dear. On that note, I'm out from GSB in the future. I can see their POV when buyers mess about but this is ridiculous. That box should have been sealed and new, that's the point of buying a monster box..!  

Hard to say about the capsules, if you ordered 300 of the wrong type and just relied on a message to get you the correct one's then that's on you I'm afraid. 

1 hour ago, Buyingfreedom said:

Hi everyone.

My main questions are:
1)
2)
3)
4)

Have a super day.

1) If it was sold as 'NEW' then it has to be sealed and untampered with. I don't know the specific EU retail regs to hand but opened boxes and security seals have to be described as such.

2) Not in this instance

3)  They are borderline not cut out to do retail business in PMs. I say borderline because they seem to be doing very well in spite of their customer service and record - probably due to so many naive people jumping on the bandwagon and just sucking up the shortcomings.

4) Just because the URLs are the same doesn't mean they are the same or affiliated. This is where you fell short in your due diligence.

It looks to me like they opened the monster box to swap out good coins with bad because of emergency exchanges of returned bad coin. Either that or they buy back bad coins and mix them in with good for bulk bullion orders. Unfortunately, most bullion buyers don't care for perfect coin and this is what they were hoping for at best. As a large PM retail company they will have many full monster boxes, why they chose to give this one to you might be a sign that they favour massive order clients than smaller ones.

Some people and organisations really do hide a lot of terrible behind the literal meaning of 'bullion'.

If any company was to say their monster boxes have been opened and one or two tubes have been checked, I'd have no problem. You are going to have to do that yourself anyway, yet to say a box is untouched, that's different.

I always film when opening stuff ordered online, then no one can say it wasn't what they sent. 

16 hours ago, Buyingfreedom said:

Hi everyone.

My main questions are:
1)
2)
3)
4)

Have a super day.

Coin 2.JPG

Monsterbox1.JPG

GoldSilver.be is a bad company.

The lesson that I take from this is that you can chose who you buy from and you can be very well informed if you look at the posts on this forum.

Some of the best dealers (in my opinion) post on this forum or are sponsors. I have used the intel on the forum to work out who to buy from and who not to buy from.

For me, having someone at the end of the phone who is able to sort stuff out is essential. Problems do happen but great organisations shine through with great customer service.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 hour ago, dicker said:

The lesson that I take from this is that you can chose who you buy from and you can be very well informed if you look at the posts on this forum.

Some of the best dealers (in my opinion) post on this forum or are sponsors. I have used the intel on the forum to work out who to buy from and who not to buy from.

For me, having someone at the end of the phone who is able to sort stuff out is essential. Problems do happen but great organisations shine through with great customer service.

Best

Dicker

Absolutely! The best examples of excellent customer service I’ve received are where things have gone wrong and companies have gone above and beyond to put things right... Some companies see it as an opportunity.

Sadly goldsilver.be just manage to compound their incompetence. 

Do a quick search on here and google about this ‘company’... 

These are two £800 Platinum 1oz coins I brought that their amateur childlike attempt at packaging ruined. Needless to say they were utterly less than useless in responding to the situation they were directly responsible for.   

B0656C94-09D4-4D2B-B29C-760A80F6BDC2.png

B388A46D-EDA5-4389-BCB5-8991F63FD3E0.png

E72FAB2A-529E-4192-8FED-C2310FD25088.png

F183F77F-1111-426F-8080-D961BEFDDF02.png

540D404D-851D-414F-BD6E-7C0D32A2DE92.png

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

Hey folks! Did you know on our forum this dealer has got 4 star feedback? It was 5 before I left my review... We should use this feature to warn potential new customers of members experiences.

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

They are basically crooks now. 

A monster box is a sealed box of new coins in 99.9 % of people's expectations. 

Just not goldsilver.be. 

They have nothing but contempt for their buyers. 

Avoid  at all costs.  Or as they would say themselves  "Go back to Ebay you kloot" 

56 minutes ago, mrmietek said:

My friends was ordered (twice in july and many times before) and everything was ok...
Now I don't know what to do :( but... anyone have a discount code for this shop?

You don't know what to do but you want a discount code despite having read this thread!?

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Archived