• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Any bigger Platinum Buyers around?

ilovesilverireallydo

• 1 month later...

Is this right.??: Pt spot now = 3kg= £63,654. 

If you bought @ 96% and flipped @ spot you’d make £2½ k just by selling it on!... let alone if you asked for a few % above spot, which would still be a bargain for any buyer

2 phrases spring to mind... Nice work if you can get it... and money makes money!!

Anyone fancy a group purchase!

I think if you can buy at 96% of spot you would struggle to sell and get your money back. Only if spot rises would you have a chance of making a few bucks. If in nice coins then share the contact info. 😉

On 28/05/2020 at 13:02, Golddigger69 said:

If they are not credited with LBMA a private person will have troubles reselling it as you are not iso-certified. I dont know how much the smelter will charge for testing.

Otherwise if the units where smaller it would be a nice deal.

They go to refiners

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

9 hours ago, Pete said:

I think if you can buy at 96% of spot you would struggle to sell and get your money back. Only if spot rises would you have a chance of making a few bucks. If in nice coins then share the contact info. 😉

If brought at time of first posting and sold now you would be in a very tidy profit.

I was seriously tempted but unfortunately didn't have the funds necessary unlocked at the time 🤬😭😭

Think your missing the point? 96% spot would about right on industrial bars and yes judging by increased spot would be in for a tidy profit even after it went back.into refiners. Not hard to get it tested and batch certified

45 minutes ago, Golddigger69 said:

I doubt that. From what i know smelters wont buy from private individuals. Because one is lacking that certificates.

I have this advice from a swiss private purchasing community that mentioned it that it makes not really much sense to take it out of their vault as a private person and sell it to the smelter.

I am sorry to say you are misinformed. 
I am NOT selling as a private person, I work with three different refineries. 
The reason the below spot platinum was available was because the refiners that buy platinum had their platinum furnace breakdown and had to sell the raw Mix purity bars to fund buying a new furnace. 

Platinum smelting and refining takes a lot more energy and heat so needs an expensive set up. Also, I often sell platinum at or near spot ;) 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

1 hour ago, Golddigger69 said:

No, like i mentioned nobody would buy from you as you are not iso-certified and they are not LBMA-credited from what i have understood.

Why do you think they tried to sell it off below spot? Not because they are so friendly and generous....

Also, MOST Uk refiners would buy scrap platinum without the need for ISO. I know this as a fact. 

I second that having done it in the past with mixed purity gold slag/melt and Platinum scrap.

They batch test purity and pay on the mean avarage of batch, the gold I sold was a melted ball from old jewlery unbeknown was left in pockets etc of old cloths of relatives burnt after house clearance. I was told some was 9ct, some as high as 22ct but once smelted properly I got a mean of 14ct overall.

Sorry @ilovesilverirealydo for going off topic but platinum is no different @golddigger69

I second that having done it in the past with mixed purity gold slag/melt and Platinum scrap.

They batch test purity and pay on the mean avarage of batch, the gold I sold was a melted ball from old jewlery unbeknown was left in pockets etc of old cloths of relatives burnt after house clearance. I was told some was 9ct, some as high as 22ct but once smelted properly I got a mean of 14ct overall.

Sorry @ilovesilverirealydo for going off topic but platinum is no different @golddigger69

Archived