• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Spot Price $50!!!

marco88

hi all,

lot's of speculation on Silver now. Everyone is betting on the price going up and so on.

Question is, let's assume it goes again to the all time high, $50 per OZ, how's gonna buy it at that price????

would you keep on buying regardless???

9 hours ago, Chicagodogs said:

My LCS told me when the silver price was nearing $50. The line of people buying went out past the front door from FOMO.

are you in the US I imagine?

Silver will have seen $100+ an ounce by the end of the decade, it just takes a while for it to start running. Silver follows gold higher then will outperform at the end if history has anything to say about it.

Consider that crypto currency was not established in the last run however. I am not convinced people will prefer crypto when they can have physical metal with a history of being money and takes on monetary properties in a bull run, but perhaps the competition from crypto will weigh on silvers gain this time, just a thought. 

48 minutes ago, KDave said:

Silver will have seen $100+ an ounce by the end of the decade, it just takes a while for it to start running. Silver follows gold higher then will outperform at the end if history has anything to say about it.

Consider that crypto currency was not established in the last run however. I am not convinced people will prefer crypto when they can have physical metal with a history of being money and takes on monetary properties in a bull run, but perhaps the competition from crypto will weigh on silvers gain this time, just a thought. 

It seems like 'independent' crypto may be in for a rough ride if the government backed crypto currencies that are being talked about get underway. Something akin to the gold confiscation of yore but for digital assets. 

1 hour ago, Liam84 said:

It seems like 'independent' crypto may be in for a rough ride if the government backed crypto currencies that are being talked about get underway. Something akin to the gold confiscation of yore but for digital assets. 

A very interesting topic!

The secret with buying PMs is to have a strategy or price in mind for exit. I would imagine when silver hits $50 the market will become flooded with silver as everyone seeks to offload at the key price point of $50 causing a price drop! I'll be offloading at $49 ;)

Archived