• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Britannia Silver Privy 2018 Dog & 2019 Pig

Can anyone in the USA help please or point me in the right direction.

I need 2 coins for completing my Britannia silver coin set.
The 2018 one ounce silver Britannia with the smooth edge and the 'dog' privy embossed on the rim.
Also the 2019 with "pig" privy.

These coins were manufactured exclusively I think for A-Mark and I believe their distributor, to the likes of us mere mortals, is called Goldline.
I am unable to access Goldline from the UK getting a 403 Forbidden message and this might be because they don't want our money.

If anyone knows of a supplier or can get hold of either or both of these coins please send me a PM.
Strange that the other privies are readily available and I just bought the latest 2020 "rat" for regular price.

If the price is reasonable and not highly speculative I could perhaps purchase a tube of 25 coins and we can discuss compensation for assistance.

Many thanks

I spoke to gold line a while back about getting the pigs in. They were sold out and hinted this is the lowest production Britannia in existence. I am yet to find a source who has them, and been looking for a year!

by the way the 2020 rat privy us available at BBP. If you are collecting edge privys then might be worth grabbing them from them, haven’t seen it elsewhere for sale. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

15 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

I spoke to gold line a while back about getting the pigs in. They were sold out and hinted this is the lowest production Britannia in existence. I am yet to find a source who has them, and been looking for a year!

by the way the 2020 rat privy us available at BBP. If you are collecting edge privys then might be worth grabbing them from them, haven’t seen it elsewhere for sale. 

Thanks - I already received my rats.
Only chance of obtaining a dog privy at a realistic price is from the USA - maybe a pawnbroker ?
BBP and others still show the dog privy but out of stock.
Wonder who bought them and why.
Earlier privies are abundant and regular bullion priced.
I've never seen the pig listed in the UK or Europe and not any appearing on eBay in the USA either.
As for limited mintage I had gold Britannias that were extremely rare in terms of mintages but it made diddly squat on the price when I ended up selling them below spot.

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

Only chance of obtaining a dog privy at a realistic price is from the USA - maybe a pawnbroker ?
I've never seen the pig listed in the UK or Europe and not any appearing on eBay in the USA either.
As for limited mintage I had gold Britannias that were extremely rare in terms of mintages but it made diddly squat on the price when I ended up selling them below spot.

I have seen the pigs - they were bought in a group order a while ago on the stackers groups. Seen them change hands at £70-100 each...

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

11 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

I have seen the pigs - they were bought in a group order a while ago on the stackers groups. Seen them change hands at £70-100 each...

Guess there will be a vacancy or two in my set box for some time.
Having said that I still recall the very large premiums paid for the Britannia / Horse Mules.
Several sold for almost a grand each before falling to £100 and now who knows, maybe £50 ?

On 21/05/2020 at 23:14, Pete said:

Hi I have also been searching for the pig privy to finish my date run with regard to the dog privy I did my dog privy of peacemaker he is on this group not sure if he as any left if you do find a pig can you let us no please 

9 hours ago, clemsonman said:

Unfortunately don't have either of these coins.  Also tried searching and came up with nothing.  Do you have any interest in 2017 Britannia's with the Trident Privy?  I do have some of those available.

Thanks for checking. The trident ones are readily available in the UK and I already have some of these but thanks anyway!

On 25/05/2020 at 08:25, JamieSimon48 said:

Really wow that's crazy I've heard that the pig is being readily sold in Canada I'm just trying to get my sources to find them over there. 

Please keep me in mind if you locate either privy.
Thanks.

Just wonder where they all went ?

1 minute ago, Coolsmp said:

Its a bad state of affairs when UK residents can't even buy their own bullion coins and have to try and source from abroad.

Even worse than that - 

When the first 10 oz Queens Beast Lion of England was released from the Royal Mint, ignoring VAT, you could buy it cheaper - significantly cheaper - from a dealer in the USA than directly from the mint itself. I called the RM to protest and they said that they were not responsible for the price set by dealers. Right I said but how can they be up to 10% cheaper !!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived