• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Pre 1947 Coins

Silverman1985

I know this is just about as junk as silver goes but Iv been buying up some job lots of coins here. From 3 pence to half crowns. I like the volume of silver and getting it at spot price and sometimes below and having a bag of divisible silver for the apocalypse... (joke, kind of)

what are people opinions on these coins, and are there any worth collecting / rare dates that I might inadvertently hold... 

Great to hear people opinions. 

43 minutes ago, Silverman1985 said:

Yes I’m aware its 50%. So when I say spot I mean half of spot in this case. 

the point I was making is that half of the volume is in the metal that you want.

you need to refine it further if you plan to use the silver. thus stack accordingly.

spot is already volume weighted, so it's just spot.

(by volume there's more copper in your silver than there is silver in you copper :) )

HH

4 hours ago, HawkHybrid said:

the point I was making is that half of the volume is in the metal that you want.

you need to refine it further if you plan to use the silver. thus stack accordingly.

spot is already volume weighted, so it's just spot.

(by volume there's more copper in your silver than there is silver in you copper :) )

HH

Never thought about it this way, so I’m probably paying spot when I think I’m getting below spot and slightly higher than spot when i think I’m getting spot.

Thanks for the tip. 

I collect sixpence. So I have quite a few of these. I collect all the key dates when kings and queens changed, etc. I have all the war years.
I think sixpence pre-47 are a good coin to collect. :)

Archived