• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Libertads

newbysilver

Hi I really need some help and advice

I bought a 1980 Proof Libertad and a 1992 Proof Libertad and 1992 Libertad set

I love these coins they are beautiful and perfect, but they are not fitting into my stacking strategy.

I don't know if I should put them into a silver forum auction, advertise them as a trade or put them for sale. I would need help with a fair price

To be honest I'm not much good with proof libertads I only collect the BU. Firstly there was no 1980 Libertad as the new coinage started in 1982 onward. I would be looking ball park for your 92 proof mintage (10,000) at around £70-£80 and the proof set  at around £180-200. I Would wait for @richatthecroft as he has far more experience with these coins. This is just what I would be looking to pay 

To be honest if u like them I'd keep em as there stunning coins imo.

Good luck

4 hours ago, Jamesd said:

To be honest I'm not much good with proof libertads I only collect the BU. Firstly there was no 1980 Libertad as the new coinage started in 1982 onward. I would be looking ball park for your 92 proof mintage (10,000) at around £70-£80 and the proof set  at around £180-200. I Would wait for @richatthecroft as he has far more experience with these coins. This is just what I would be looking to pay 

To be honest if u like them I'd keep em as there stunning coins imo.

Good luck

In 1980 there were the Onzas, which were one ounce rounds but we're .925 sterling silver. They were 42mm diameter and we're similar to the 1949 and 1978 and 1979 rounds which had the "coin press" design.

There was no 1981 coin, then from 1982 until 1995 they used the "winged victory" design from 1921 two peso coin. But those rounds were 36mm diameter and were .999 silver. 

Then from 1996 to now we have the current design, which are also .999 silver but are 40mm diameter. 

newbysilver, you can still collect Libertad/onzas if they interest you while stacking bullion otherwise.  There's nothing wrong with that. It's what I do, by the way.

Archived