• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

if this sky rockets what should we do? Wait for more or hold out for the best

RACKTHESTACK

1 hour ago, HawkHybrid said:

so after all these years of recommending diversifying a portfolio with

some gold, is peter schiff recommending to stack gold and silver now?

HH

No he is still diversifying but like Malony is saying silver is a better buy than gold because it is so undervalued and at the current Gold Silver ratio it is worth holding more than the usual 5-10% of a portfolio.  Both have hinted they have a lot more than that in their personal stacks 🙂

On 21/05/2020 at 01:10, RoughDog said:

No selling.  Hold on for SHTFS.  Whether that is my personal (accidentally on purpose caused by some 💩 ) SHTFS or global melt down.

So an end of the world scenario. That makes sense also. :)

16 minutes ago, Russell said:

No he is still diversifying but like Malony is saying silver is a better buy than gold because it is so undervalued and at the current Gold Silver ratio it is worth holding more than the usual 5-10% of a portfolio.  Both have hinted they have a lot more than that in their personal stacks 🙂

so only mike maloney is saying to stack silver?

and, peter schiff is still saying to diversify with gold?

HH

21 hours ago, Russell said:

Not my idea it is an old method and not only used between gold and silver but all assett classes watch Mike Maloneys videos on youtube you will learn a lot this method is in his video on wealth cycles

So in this current situation Mike Malony Harry Dent Peter Schiff and all the rest of the Puerto Rico tax exiles lol are investing in Silver in a big way as well as gold and crypto currencies and they plan to buy real estate when this money printing fiasco crashes the housing market.  So they will sell everything near its height and buy land 🙂

Yea Mike malony is awesome I've seen most of his newer videos. I actually bought the paper back version of his book but I'm only 50 pages into it. Its actually a really great book so far, I really like all the history in it. My favorite so far is the tulip scenario. Where the bulb became worth millions. 

20 minutes ago, Russell said:

Thats interesting 🤔 how were they hinting ? 

5 hours ago, HawkHybrid said:

so only mike maloney is saying to stack silver?

and, peter schiff is still saying to diversify with gold?

HH

They both say keep a balanced portfolio but they both say silver is the better buy because of the ratio to gold at the moment.  In fact they are both saying there is even a better buy than gold and silver at this time and it is the miners because there is a compound benefit in buying gold miners especially the juniors.  

5 hours ago, RACKTHESTACK said:

Thats interesting 🤔 how were they hinting ? 

They said they buy silver when the ratio goes abover 70:1 in Mikes case and Peter said that anyone can see silver is a no brainer and the bottoms on the chart are obviously in "a village idiot can see silver is a buy"

55 minutes ago, Russell said:

They both say keep a balanced portfolio but they both say silver is the better buy because of the ratio to gold at the moment.  In fact they are both saying there is even a better buy than gold and silver at this time and it is the miners because there is a compound benefit in buying gold miners especially the juniors.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUvq4GA-fc8

peter schiff had ample opportunity here to say that silver is a better buy than gold.

when did peter schiff say that silver is a better buy than gold?

- 31:00 perter schiff gets asked about silver and answers that questions with

movement in gold. 

HH

17 hours ago, RACKTHESTACK said:

So an end of the world scenario. That makes sense also. :)

In that scenario cigarettes and alcohol are likely to be a better trading commodity than gold and silver.  The majority of people trying to survive in an end of world situation won’t give a hoot about shiny objects, except for the type that are filled with gunpowder and go bang!

1 minute ago, Goldhooked said:

In that scenario cigarettes and alcohol are likely to be a better trading commodity than gold and silver.  The majority of people trying to survive in an end of world situation won’t give a hoot about shiny objects, except for the type that are filled with gunpowder and go bang!

You say that but how many empires have ended from the myans to romans but gold held value during the boom and the bust.

1 minute ago, mr-dead said:

You say that but how many empires have ended from the myans to romans but gold held value during the boom and the bust.

I see your point, but I was referring to the other users post that suggested an end of days type scenario, so the most extreme case.  I just can’t see, in a complete global breakdown of society where people are literally fighting for food and water, that the majority of people would be interested in taking your shiny token in exchange for a bag of rice.  I think I’d much rather have a decent supply of guns and ammo.

17 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

I see your point, but I was referring to the other users post that suggested an end of days type scenario, so the most extreme case.  I just can’t see, in a complete global breakdown of society where people are literally fighting for food and water, that the majority of people would be interested in taking your shiny token in exchange for a bag of rice.  I think I’d much rather have a decent supply of guns and ammo.

In that that scenario it would still only be temporary, if all your wealth is in paper going in you'll exit with nothing.

Hold wealth in gold going in and you can barter during the rough times and exchange to the new currency coming out.

Also a close proximity of a STHF scenario is a war zone and there is a reason airmen and special forces are issued with gold sovereigns even to this day as part of their survival kit.

Just now, mr-dead said:

In that that scenario it would still only be temporary, if all your wealth is in paper going in you'll exit with nothing.

Hold wealth in gold going in and you can barter during the rough times and exchange to the new currency coming out.

Also a close proximity of a STHF scenario is a war zone and there is a reason airmen and special forces are issued with gold sovereigns even to this day as part of their survival kit.

That’s still looking at it mostly from a localised type scenario and I agree with you in that situation.

In a totally global end of days, walking dead type scenario the vast majority of people won’t care about shiny stuff.  Most people even now don’t really understand the value of silver and gold.  There are those experiments that have been conducted where they offer cash or silver and most people take the cash even though the silver was worth more.

This thread is about silver - how would you cart your several hundred ounces of silver around with you?  Even 4 or 5 kg of gold would add to your worries in a situation where you would probably have to stay mobile to survive.  

There would still be a few people hoarding treasure but they would likely be the ones with a secure location protected by a private army - which again comes back to being adequately armed.  And if you’re better armed than the guy still insisting on carrying his gold everywhere then you just take it from him!

I think most people, including a lot of people on this forum, would be woefully unprepared to survive, gold or no gold.

Of course this is the most extreme scenario which hopefully won’t ever happen!

Apologies if I’m going a bit off topic but it’s an interesting subject.

We talk about the 1% of society who are well off.  I even read on here in another thread that apparently a big proportion of the UK population are in that 1% globally.  I’m sure plenty here are in the 1%.

But how many people here could say they would be in the top 1% of people who possess enough skills and knowledge to survive in a catastrophic end of days scenario?  Could you survive where you would have to fight, scavenge and hunt for the basics just to stay alive?

I reckon a lot of the worlds elite who are at the top of society because of their wealth, wouldn’t last 5 minutes in that type of scenario.

55 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

That’s still looking at it mostly from a localised type scenario and I agree with you in that situation.

In a totally global end of days, walking dead type scenario the vast majority of people won’t care about shiny stuff.  Most people even now don’t really understand the value of silver and gold.  There are those experiments that have been conducted where they offer cash or silver and most people take the cash even though the silver was worth more.

This thread is about silver - how would you cart your several hundred ounces of silver around with you?  Even 4 or 5 kg of gold would add to your worries in a situation where you would probably have to stay mobile to survive.  

There would still be a few people hoarding treasure but they would likely be the ones with a secure location protected by a private army - which again comes back to being adequately armed.  And if you’re better armed than the guy still insisting on carrying his gold everywhere then you just take it from him!

I think most people, including a lot of people on this forum, would be woefully unprepared to survive, gold or no gold.

Of course this is the most extreme scenario which hopefully won’t ever happen!

it comes down to probability of that situation ever happening.

many things could destroy gold price e.g a gold filled asteroid hitting the planet, mainstream space mining etc. etc.

looking at examples like Venezuela and Zimbabwe those with gold did better than those without

1 minute ago, mr-dead said:

it comes down to probability of that situation ever happening.

many things could destroy gold price e.g a gold filled asteroid hitting the planet, mainstream space mining etc. etc.

looking at examples like Venezuela those with gold did better than those without

I completely agree with you.  I was initially responding to the other user who said an “end of the world scenario” which in all probability isn’t going to happen in our lifetime.

1 hour ago, zhoutonged said:

This is an excellent video for those who think the GSR is meaningless, or as you say any other gold ratio. Pricing in Gold or ratios rather than inflated paper money, much more useful.

ask those who followed the gsr and traded gold for silver last year at a

gsr of 80-86, how well that trade worked out for them so far?

gsr is possible but is a 10+ year per trade.

HH

Archived