• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Buying from EU into the UK

Pohaku

Apologies if this is discussed elsewhere, I haven't been able to find anything.

I understand that some European online dealers sell silver (Maples, ASEs, bars, rounds, etc etc) without VAT, and will ship to the UK for reasonable shipping price.

What are peoples' experiences of doing this? Last time I bought something and had it shipped from abroad because it was cheaper, I got a letter off the courier (DHL I think) telling me they had my parcel and all I had to do to get it was log onto some portal and pay import tax, VAT, or similar. (It was years ago, I can't recall details).

Specifically - if I order a tube of coins from somewhere like silver-to-go and have it shipped to the UK, and I likely to get a tax bill of some sort or will it just be delivered no issues?

17 minutes ago, Pohaku said:

Apologies if this is discussed elsewhere, I haven't been able to find anything.

I understand that some European online dealers sell silver (Maples, ASEs, bars, rounds, etc etc) without VAT, and will ship to the UK for reasonable shipping price.

What are peoples' experiences of doing this? Last time I bought something and had it shipped from abroad because it was cheaper, I got a letter off the courier (DHL I think) telling me they had my parcel and all I had to do to get it was log onto some portal and pay import tax, VAT, or similar. (It was years ago, I can't recall details).

Specifically - if I order a tube of coins from somewhere like silver-to-go and have it shipped to the UK, and I likely to get a tax bill of some sort or will it just be delivered no issues?

Where exactly was it from? 

6 minutes ago, Allroad said:

Where exactly was it from? 

Oh gosh, honestly I don't know - could have been literally anywhere, I've had a great many sleeps since then!  I just wasn't sure if all imports get put in some sort of queue to see if there is tax due or something!

Also thanks @DrSkilts that's reassuring to know.

5 minutes ago, Pohaku said:

Oh gosh, honestly I don't know - could have been literally anywhere, I've had a great many sleeps since then!  I just wasn't sure if all imports get put in some sort of queue to see if there is tax due or something!

Also thanks @DrSkilts that's reassuring to know.

No vat from EU.

There is lots of information on the forum about this. Silver2go, europeanmint, goldsilver.be have all been good for me (although customer service at one of these has been a bit faulty towers ish for some on here. There have been some funny stories). Most importantly you won't be stung with duty by the courier as they are in europe. Outside Europe you will be stung by duty and processing fee .... If caught! Enjoy your shopping in europe!

Currently stacking 10oz Unas and Britannia bars 

Archived