• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Temper Resistant Packaging

Arganto

Hello. Received a Baird's silver bar today, the 'tamper resistant packaging' is split at the bottom edge of the bar. It's called tamper resistant but it's just flimsy plastic wrap really so not surprised this has happened. To anyone who has a Baird's bar was the coating better than I've described? If it's par for the course I'm not bothered as I bought direct from them so not like it's a dickie one or anything. If it's supposed to be more substantial and ease the mind of a potential buyer off in the future I may ask them about it. Thoughts?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Liam84 said:

Hello. Received a Baird's silver bar today, the 'tamper resistant packaging' is split at the bottom edge of the bar. It's called tamper resistant but it's just flimsy plastic wrap really so not surprised this has happened. To anyone who has a Baird's bar was the coating better than I've described? If it's par for the course I'm not bothered as I bought direct from them so not like it's a dickie one or anything. If it's supposed to be more substantial and ease the mind of a potential buyer off in the future I may ask them about it. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Sorry for off topic, but I can't resist to ask... @Liam84 how long have you been waiting for them? I ordered and paid for mine 2 weeks today and have not heard from them... I am getting a bit twitchy 😬

It took a while, longer than two weeks for sure. In fact I called up whilst waiting and stuck something else on the order to use one postage bill. They are listed as in stock as they mint/cast them themselves. So it's the case of waiting for them to catch up with making the bars for their orders. High demand plus the current predicament means delays. They are a big player, you've nothing at risk 👍

32 minutes ago, zhoutonged said:

Is it a thin scuff film over the tamper resistant packaging?

Hmmm, that's a good question! I just figured it was straight through to the metal. Certainly what it looked like but I'll check in a little while.

Thanks

It seems like it's metal under the weak plastic that's split. The sticker with the bar number and initial of who checked it is stuck to the outside of the same plastic so assume that's it. 

22 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

It seems like it's metal under the weak plastic that's split. The sticker with the bar number and initial of who checked it is stuck to the outside of the same plastic so assume that's it. 

Yep, that's what mine came in too. Just like a clingfilm layer with a sticker.

Archived