• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Central banks are net buyers of gold

On 19/08/2021 at 10:27, SidS said:

I'm starting to think that politicians since the late 1950s have actually done everything in their power to weaken and destroy their countries.

Something's afoot...

For some reason i have always known this on some level despite not watching the news for many years. 
Gives you a helicopter sense of clarity on things being information in adverse.

Apart from the rogue nations that have not played ball (pretty much most of the ones we have gone to war with), 
There is a definite trend towards the east and this has been predicted for years.
Its China/Russia/middle east then India next Africa probably spanning at least 500 years given technical developments. 
My geography might be out so correct me as you feel fit. 

If you go beyond all the day to day BS like cold wars, china vs USA, Twin towers - I think this is all planned to happen. 

Its a cycle that has to happen i recon as it follows some sort of ancient pattern (ie Greece, Rome, Spain, France, UK etc.). 
A one earth star and a galactic empire of sorts (talking 1000's of years here, but i think thats the time period the planning is in). 
Everyone is so used to planning things with relation to thier own mortality,
But if your in control of somehting that changes drastically every few hundred years, you need to think like that!!
I guess the industrial revolution was the last major change? Rennaisance, Rome, printing press, black Death ???

or its my imagination and the reality/conciousnes script writing is coming to its wits end. ;) 
Demigod - says to demi-simulation technician 'why cant this flipping man watch Eastenders like the rest of them'. 

Edited by Stacktastic

4 minutes ago, slinkyjynx said:

"Silver is the means by which people settle debts. Gold is the means by which countries settle debts"

Put simply, central banks are in a whole different league to you and I.

Gold is for kings.

Silver is for gentleman.

Debt is for the ignorant.

Empire's are run by emperor's.

Kingdoms are run by kings and Queens.

We live in a country run by cnuts..

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Gold is for kings.

Silver is for gentleman.

Debt is for the ignorant.

Empire's are run by emperor's.

Kingdoms are run by kings and Queens.

We live in a country run by cnuts..

Harlem's are for gods or lucky barstards. ;)

34 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Everyone is so used to planning things with relation to thier own mortality,
But if your in control of somehting that changes drastically every few hundred years, you need to think like that!!
I guess the industrial revolution was the last major change? Rennaisance, Rome, printing press, black Death ???

It's a good train of thought really, though I'd argue that the last major change has been the technology/digital revolution. With all the amazing benefits it has brought us, like instant communication across countries and continents, healthcare developments etc, it is also partly the cause of a lot of issues we face nowadays. It brings a lot more control to governing bodies (RIP privacy) and it's also a huge tool of <negative> influence (i.e. social media campaigns that influence big decisions and events) which is not something we've seen before. 

4 hours ago, Alex944 said:

With all the amazing benefits it has brought us

Seems too good to be true, but I think some members would also argue that it was engineered as part of the 4th industrial revolution. 
the internet was invented by Darpa for example and also i think (no evidence mind) crypto. This i believe is the next move and will last a long old time so there is no rush while all the gates out there fire it all out. 

Rather negative I know as it really is a revolution of all revolution - it will be looked back on as 'why were these muppets looking at Facebook feeds and memes when they suddenly have access to the worlds art, science and philosophy for the first time ever. 

But yes it is good for catapulting us out of dumb-feckness especially if we are slowly made to trust having out bodies genes edited, bains chipped & what not. It would be cool to be a borg as long as I can see 7 of 9 naked. ;) 

Edited by Stacktastic

3 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

Seems too good to be true, but I think some members would also argue that it was engineered as part of the 4th industrial revolution. 
the internet was invented by Darpa for example and also i think (no evidence mind) crypto. This i believe is the next move and will last a long old time so there is no rush while all the gates out there fire it all out. 

Rather negative I know as it really is a revolution of all revolution - it will be looked back on as 'why were these muppets looking at Facebook feeds and memes when they suddenly have access to the worlds art, science and philosophy for the first time ever. 

But yes it is good for catapulting us out of dumb-feckness especially if we are slowly made to trust having out bodies genes edited, bains chipped & what not. It would be cool to be a borg as long as I can see 7 of 9 naked. ;) 

Sorry you lost me, I was just watching EastEnders...

On 19/08/2021 at 10:27, SidS said:

I'm starting to think (and it may be bigger than just the UK to be honest, mostly in Western countries) that politicians since the late 1950s have actually done everything in their power to weaken and destroy their countries.

I dont know. I genuinely believe both the Tories and Labour are under the illusion they are doing the right thing in terms of economic policies (for themselves and the UK) by the Cartel and for the Cartel. Ask yourself why Blair gave the Bank of England more independence. Its the fact most MPs dont know why and how the cartel operates. I asked my local MP if most of Westminster knows how the Bank of England works, he stated they dont and really dont care.

The problem is, people are under the illusion that Banks cannot act out of dishonest intent, have the laws to protect them and rig the entire system to themselves. People get all upset in the UK when I tell people this, they act on the illusion that there has to be some sort of accountability or reform at the very least. Imagine for one second holding these schizophrenic beliefs that the cartel is accountable.

Im done trying to explain to these people in person, almost every single one of these people have learning difficulties or some sort of mental denial disorder. You can say something like 08 crash was the biggest proof of the truth of the cartel, from the bail outs, court hearings, testimonies etc yet its still denied by the average voter.

• 4 months later...
29 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Is this why Central Banks are buying gold?

"The more debt is being accumulated on the balance sheets of European central banks, the more likely they will revalue gold to write off this debt."

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/german-central-bank-doesnt-rule-out-gold-revaluation

Gold and Eastern countries fiat went up last night while the dollar went down.

Would love to see China announce a Gold or semi Gold standard the West would collapse.

Does China have enough gold to back its currency , even partially.  Also would it want an appreciating currency now, it would be deflationary..

if they are headed down this route they won’t pull the trigger untill they are ready to deal with a much stronger currency. 
Then their current buying spree of assets abroad will look puny in comparison..  they will need to be ready to assume reserve currency status  

• 2 weeks later...

“Russia's central bank on Sunday [Feb 27] said it would resume buying gold on the domestic market from Feb 28, as it undertakes measures to try and ensure financial stability during Western sanctions against Moscow for its invasion of Ukraine.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/meet-russian-gold-refineries-lbma-good-delivery-list

I wonder if there will be many sellers?

• 7 months later...
18 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

Basically all the countries with common sense regarding the state of modern finance are buying gold.

All the countries that think QE and fiat are the solution to everything are burying their heads in the sand.

I wonder when the UK will decide to buy gold - probably at the highest price it will ever achieve in history - then they'll go all in on it. Then sell it when it's back in the basement.

It seems Western countries are a lot like stackers, buy high, sell low. 😁