• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Is it time to sell my stack ???

Kussilver

I have been stacking for around 18 months and got into this originally as a long term hedge / protection against the SHTF scenarios. I was thinking 20 years. I never really bought anything with the view to flipping for short term profit, but with recent events and what seems to be a big demand for physical silver am I missing an opportunity for profit I may not see again ? 

Yes my head is saying hold. Stack stack stack. But everything just so damn expensive at the moment, even on here where I have picked up some great deals over the last year. 

If you have any 10oz silver Britannia bars then I would definitely say "yes sell"  (see my wanted post in the for sales section).

However we are yet to see the real economic impact of the virus and I believe there will be a bit of a lag on this. You could sell a portion of it is the equivalent to the profit you have made. I think it is called top slicing???

Currently stacking 10oz Unas and Britannia bars 

4 minutes ago, onlyroadtoheaven said:

If you have any 10oz silver Britannia bars then I would definitely say "yes"  (see my wanted post in the for sales section).

However we are yet to see the real economic impact of the virus and I believe there will be a bit of a lag on this. You could sell a portion of it is the equivalent to the profit you have made. I think it is called top slicing???

I have 1 of these bars. I think I will be keeping it though 😁

1 minute ago, HawkHybrid said:

have part of your stack achieved it's purpose?

HH

I guess it has with physical price seeming to be at a total disconnect from spot price, but the question is will that last?

I'm holding the majority of my stack, selling a few bits here and there to lock-in a small proportion of profits while premiums are high... Mainly coins I have many of the same ones of.
Holding off buying standard bullion due to the high premiums but have been accruing premium and collectors items as the difference between their premium and bullion is so much smaller than it normally would be and I do like artistic or unique things.

10 minutes ago, Kussilver said:

with physical price seeming to be at a total disconnect from spot price, but the question is will that last?

does this matter? sell the part of your stack that was allocated to

short term gains(achieved it's goals) and keep hold of the part of

the stack that is long term(yet to achieve it's goals)?

HH

Having the same thoughts myself.

Flirting with the idea to offload some of my lower grade gold coins that dont fit with what I would like my stack to be going forward, and to take this opportunity as spot is quite high.

Good idea to ask yourself what would you then do with the released funds ?

Held off selling at the moment as I cant even get spot for mine, as well as waiting till this weekend to see the new numbers coming out the U.S this week.

I find that PMs have a way of working themselves, over time, and to wait can also be beneficial; highly likely in the current climate. And if you dont sell, you could still have them for 20 years :)

I'm a total noob but I'm looking to start stacking for SHTF. If I bought in 18 months ago when the prices and premiums were good, there's no way I'd be selling. But I like what @BazzaC said about offloading undesirable items from your stack.

Might be a good time to sell the bits you don't like and with the money buy more when premiums calm down. 🤞

@TheApe some harsh sarcasm man! Made me laugh! 😅

Simple answer - no! You've bought it as a hedge and insurance. Now is the time it should be giving you peace of mind. You sell it, you sell your peace of mind for fake paper being printed at will. Demand is up for a reason. You won't forgive yourself if silver goes a bull run driven by the pure fundamentals

1 hour ago, DonQuijones said:

soo.. can you post your stack and then we can decide what items you should definitely sell to us? My mate Gerry would take everything off you, so long as it's as close to spot as possible though.

Lol I’m sure we would all like to buy close to spot. After consideration I have decided not to sell. I don’t need the money right now, I’m one of the lucky ones still able to work and earn. I have many friends who are not so lucky at the moment. 

1 hour ago, DonQuijones said:

soo.. can you post your stack and then we can decide what items you should definitely sell to us? My mate Gerry would take everything off you, so long as it's as close to spot as possible though

11 minutes ago, DonQuijones said:

Yeah haha, that was a reference to a post by someone else, just taking the mick. 

Would you @DonQuijones possibly be interested in buying a few sovereigns for spot + postage of your choice? For that matter, if anyone is then please feel free to pm me to discuss further.  

Glad @kussilver you got your answer :)

2 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

There was a guy opening a topic, bought gold, got stung roughly at the time indicated below. Originally he wanted to keep it long term. Don't become this guy but for silver.

grafik.png.608fb4e579a90f8813149194d09ee92f.png

Yeah, I read that one. Interesting comments on that.

In my case I procured most of my stack years ago, luckily.  I just feel now could be a good opportunity with spot being high to refine my stack.  Have difficulty bringing myself to sell under spot.  Makes me cringe 😬

20 minutes ago, BazzaC said:

Yeah, I read that one. Interesting comments on that.

In my case I procured most of my stack years ago, luckily.  I just feel now could be a good opportunity with spot being high to refine my stack.  Have difficulty bringing myself to sell under spot.  Makes me cringe 😬

so sovereigns at spot then yeh? 😁

9 minutes ago, DonQuijones said:

so sovereigns at spot then yeh? 😁

Not perfect, each one has its issues ; like us 😉

PM me if interested.  Reluctant to drag this thread on as kussilver now has his answer.

20200508_234802.jpg

20200508_234710.jpg

Archived