• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 8000+ forum members. 

1 minute ago, SILVERFINGER said:

If the SHTF that badly, I think you wouldnt need to worry about getting a licence to use them.

When I thought there was the possibility that the S was going to HTF, I wasn’t even thinking about a licence 😉.  Getting the licence was an after thought made several weeks after purchasing the radio.

Just now, Goldhooked said:

When I thought there was the possibility that the S was going to HTF, I wasn’t even thinking about a licence 😉.  Getting the licence was an after thought made several weeks after purchasing the radio.

so can you use it at all at the moment- is there a provisional license or something? or do you have to get the permit before you can talk in it.

Just now, GoldElliott said:

so can you use it at all at the moment- is there a provisional license or something? or do you have to get the permit before you can talk in it.

I can listen on it all day long.  But legally I’m not supposed to transmit on it until licensed.  The buttons still work without the licence though 😄

4 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

I can listen on it all day long.  But legally I’m not supposed to transmit on it until licensed.  The buttons still work without the licence though 😄

Ever get tempted to say something? 😂

Is it fellow  enthusiasts just shooting the breeze?

1 minute ago, GoldElliott said:

I remember winding a load of CB'ers up when I got hold of my uncles rig when I was a kid, do people still use those ?

11 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

I should try that with some of my guns, :lol:

1 minute ago, GoldElliott said:

Tempted? Maybe 😉

To be honest I’m not interested in getting too involved.  The whole scene seems a bit geeky and from the odd time I’ve tuned in to local repeaters, it all seems to be old men talking about the weather!  We never intended getting the licences when we bought the radios as we thought they were going to be used in a Walking Dead type scenario 😄  Taking the course was just really something extra to do and at least once we’ve got the licences we can use them amongst ourselves without worrying about the local ham radio club trying to triangulate our location and report us 😄

5 minutes ago, SILVERFINGER said:

I should try that with some of my guns, :lol:

I might have that type of licence too 😉 But that was sorted long before the current worldwide situation.

I have been playing some chess online - I’m a sore loser but I enjoy it when i win!

Ive also been reading a lot of financial blogs which usually never have the time or brain energy for.

One hobby i am sorely missing is Clay Pigeon Shooting. I usually do it every couple of weeks and it’s one if the things I associate the most with winding down and just all round great day as pub lunch afterwards tops it off a treat. All that seems like a distant memory now!

I'm intending to spend some time learning how to take my camera off automatic and meaningfully use the manual functions during lock-down. Also how to edit raw files. So far I've only got as far as buying the kit though 😄

On 06/05/2020 at 00:13, Melon said:

1474521648_everybody-loves-melons-_beast_-7431310(2).thumb.jpg.e17b3f2feea4add5c5c36a19175a6be9.jpg

Id be more intrested in punching her in the fartpipe than her nice juicy melons 😈

Hehe Chamoooooooooooooooon!!!!  Check my crib video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_IsJbgZDTw

You can download Mike Maloney's Gold Silver book free here https://pages.goldsilver.com/freebook

On 05/05/2020 at 13:44, Notafront4adragon said:

I've also being trying mushrooms, shiitake, lions mane and king as well as grey oyster mushrooms. Takes patience but it's a tasty hobby.

Also trying to learn about foraging and figuring out which weeds you can actually eat. Shepherds purse and vetch are about now both very widespread and tasty. Vetch flower is almost exactly like eating a fresh pea.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2020/may/22/the-secret-to-succesful-shiitake-mushrooms-electric-shock-treatment

Hehe Chamoooooooooooooooon!!!!  Check my crib video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_IsJbgZDTw

You can download Mike Maloney's Gold Silver book free here https://pages.goldsilver.com/freebook