• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

75th VE Day Anniversary SotD Sovereign

westminstrel

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also mintage for this SOTD is 750. So up from the 650 last year for the Queen Victoria and Prince Albert SOTD sovereigns but down from the 1,500 mintage for the 2020 Brexit coin. 

Its clear following the Brexit and now 75 year VE anniversary coins that the Royal Mint are no longer limiting the strike on the day sovereigns to purely royalty related events / anniversaries. 

See the link below to my coin dedicated YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32DEmDzkaZCBTBVTDiYr0A

22 minutes ago, CoinStruck said:

Also mintage for this SOTD is 750. So up from the 650 last year for the Queen Victoria and Prince Albert SOTD sovereigns but down from the 1,500 mintage for the 2020 Brexit coin. 

Its clear following the Brexit and now 75 year VE anniversary coins that the Royal Mint are no longer limiting the strike on the day sovereigns to purely royalty related events / anniversaries. 

Personally, I think the 'events' related SOTD's have a wider appeal than the Royalty related events.

Hmm.... this is really pushing my limits on what SOTD I buy now. At least its not 800 cos that would have been an immediate no.

This may have snuck under the radar of most buyers, I know I didnt get an email about it and most SOTD sell out within minutes/hours of release.

750 is just too many for this particular topic 

I just checked out the Brexit sovereign, they're down to selling for £850 on Ebay.. very interesting, only £50 more than the release price

I'm actually tempted to get one for that 🙈

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I bought one this morning. I think it was a bit under the radar and very bad timing from the mint but I guess the day is the day! 

I would like them to stop with the matte finish! Bored with it.. I think the VE 75 privy is very uninspired. The mintage is a tad too high at 750 but it probably will sell out. The price is still too high and should have been £550 but clearly it’s better than £800 which is borderline nuts ... on the other hand I did not say no because I enjoy celebration sovereigns.

It looks like this one might take some days to sell out. Suits me, it might give me chance to get together some funds. I just feel compelled to buy these bi-annual SOTD coins since last year, I've sort of committed to getting them twice a year now. But this one is a bit early, I expected it later this year. Maybe there will be another one later!

To each their own, but I just don’t see the appeal of the tiny VE75 written down there. I wouldn’t buy it if it were the cost of a proof around £500 either.

It just feels gimmicky, and there seems to be nothing unique about the SotD anymore; nor the matte finish, nor the plain edge. The RM can now commemorate any day they want, twice or thrice a year, and slap on tiny text on a Sovereign and call it an SotD. All very uninspired and blah.

I’m much more picky lately - I like to think of myself as a “discerning collector”. 😎

18 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

But this one is a bit early, I expected it later this year. Maybe there will be another one later!

A hard-won peace

75th anniversary of the end of the Second World War

'Register Your Interest'.

1 hour ago, Sovstacker said:

Sold Out

Thats cos @Numistacker posted in the thread, anything he touches turns to gold... now if he could turn a matt finish into a DPL finish with his dulcet tones alone we would all be partying ;) 

I gather that there was a very strong interest in this coin from the USA and from Europe. I stand by my previous comments but wonder how many of us missed out on this one. I think that the number of followers of SOTD sovereigns is considerable. It seems when i get PM's asking to buy my own coins most PM's are asking if i have spare graded SOTD sovereigns and usually I dont as they are often very limited at sale.

1 hour ago, xthomasx said:

Somehow RM didn't notify me via the email list, so I missed it. Thank God it does not have a mintmark... I am not too sorry... 😁

Well it is inscribed with the words VE Day or something like that, although very small :)

8 hours ago, Numistacker said:

I stand by my previous comments but wonder how many of us missed out on this one.

I would be shocked if you can't get one within £50 of the issue price  on Ebay in the next 2-12 months 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

12 hours ago, xthomasx said:

Thank God it does not have a mintmark... I am not too sorry...

It does have a mintmark as mentioned above, but nonetheless, I think you shouldn’t be sorry at all for missing out. Why pay a premium for a scrawl of alphabets and numbers?

Remember never to easily fall for good marketing. ;)

15 hours ago, Kman said:

I would be shocked if you can't get one within £50 of the issue price  on Ebay in the next 2-12 months 

That's happening already, I clicked on one yesterday that was £750 and now getting an offer for a touch over £700 by email simply for viewing the item. 

Archived