• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Speculation on 2020 and 2021 Great Engravers Designs

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/12/2020 at 09:06, westminstrel said:

I thought they might release the next coin in this series in December even if they actually ship next year (since it would have to be a 2020 dated coin). Or perhaps they don’t intend for this to be an annual series but more ad hoc? Maybe 2021 will see two coins from the series? 🤔 

I’d go along with your ad hoc theory. Surely it wouldn’t have hurt the RM to apply a little consistency to the series by releasing coin number 2 in November as well?

I remain to be convinced they’ve got the balance right when Great Engraver releases are over a year apart, Science series 50 pences appear willy nilly (just before you forget the Science series still exists) and yet the triple Bonds, dinosaurs, Winnie the Pooh series and others are spat out much quicker.  Queen’s Beasts? Let’s not go there!

Well well Coinsters we know the design and what a coin it is.  This is going to be stunning. Cant get near a gold version, so silver it will be for me. I think the relief will look best in the 5oz version, though I will be after both. 

What do we think to pricing? £180 again for the 2oz silver, £4-500 for the 5oz? That would be nice haha.

On 19/12/2020 at 10:09, Paul said:

Gothic Crown would be a sensible choice for its historic stats and its established collectability

When i saw this piece in MDC auction last month i thought it was fabulous - WYON again - great only because it is not mainstream and i had not seen it before. Thought it would look fab on on a 2oz gold, but 99.9% would never happen as the George III bust compliments it so well. With QEII  maybe not so good :( 

1362531_1599490262.jpg

I agree part of the appeal of this coin is the fabulous portrait on the obverse. 😍

Hmm a question about the release of coins. Once an announcement is made in the Gazette, are they released in a certain order by the RM?

For example, it has already been announced that there will be a 2oz Gold Bowie coin, Albert Hall commemorative coin, etc.

The Three Graces announcement in the Gazette came on Dec. 18th. 
is it possible this coin will jump the queue and be released before the Bowie and Albert Hall coins.... or is that not how it works?

27 minutes ago, SovCollector said:

Hmm a question about the release of coins. Once an announcement is made in the Gazette, are they released in a certain order by the RM?

For example, it has already been announced that there will be a 2oz Gold Bowie coin, Albert Hall commemorative coin, etc.

The Three Graces announcement in the Gazette came on Dec. 18th. 
is it possible this coin will jump the queue and be released before the Bowie and Albert Hall coins.... or is that not how it works?

I dont think the Gazette proclamations have any bearing on the release date of coins. So entirely possible that Three Graces will be the next release

• 2 weeks later...

The annual sets are being released on Monday and so unlikely to be before mid Jan I would think. They also are still to release the Britannia range...I have nothing but speculation to hand but would say Britannia on third Monday of Jan and Great Engravers on first Monday of Feb. You saw it speculated here first. 

I won’t be getting the three graces. No one will be paying such a huge premium for a two ounce silver coin. Total micky take. 

4 minutes ago, Kman said:

That's sad I was hoping Monday :( 

You never know! It would be strange to release them on the same day, no?

18 minutes ago, Paul said:

Andrews like mystic meg with his predictions and forecasts :) 

Except Mystic Meg got things right from time to time!

21 minutes ago, JosephM said:

I see what you have done here ;) 

I do not know what you are talking about ... 🤥

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

You never know! It would be strange to release them on the same day, no?

When do they usually post yt videos? is that a week or two before release 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

29 minutes ago, Kman said:

When do they usually post yt videos? is that a week or two before release 

I think it was a few weeks in advance last year. I recall the gazette being referred to on here and then the video was shared. The gazette was about four weeks in advance... maybe we get a video on Monday? 

3 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I think it was a few weeks in advance last year. I recall the gazette being referred to on here and then the video was shared. The gazette was about four weeks in advance... maybe we get a video on Monday? 

But... will they definitely release a video?

10 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

@BackyardBullion has had a few coins from the royal mint to video so he may know before any of us the release date!!!!!

Even if I did, I am bound by an NDA with the mint when I get any heads up 🙂 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

Even if I did, I am bound by an NDA with the mint when I get any heads up 🙂 

There are always ways out of NDAs*. They are never as water tight as people think. 🤫

Saying that, I imagine telling a forum when a coin is going to be released and breach trust with a major business friend is probably not in your business plan for 2021!

*This is not legal or practical or sensible advice. This is internet forum ‘advice’ which must ALWAYS be ignored. 

On 02/01/2021 at 20:17, AndrewSL76 said:

They released the annual set video at midnight for todays release so probably can't rely on it for any timing

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

the annual gold sets have all gone already  :( 

It's going to be an absolute buying frenzy for the next great engravers coin.

I really hope they put limits on the number of coins a household can purchase, that might slow it down a bit.

4 hours ago, GoldStatue said:

It's going to be an absolute buying frenzy for the next great engravers coin.

I really hope they put limits on the number of coins a household can purchase, that might slow it down a bit.

I agree however I don't think this one will reach the same level of prices for flippers because so many people will be trying to get these to flip, whereas the last 2ox silver one took 3 days to sell out and no one knew what was coming with future prices.

But some will say they do now. There is only one thing that could stop the frenzy, and that is if the mintage is ridiculously high, like 20,000 or more for the silver and 8,000 + for the gold, and even then, it will still be a popular coin. There is very little that could stop this juggernaut.

Archived