• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Speculation on 2020 and 2021 Great Engravers Designs

For sure, I have had chrome alerts set up for the past week 😁

I am concerned that demand will be so strong most of us wont even get a look in. But have to at least try:)

I think they will sell some PF70 coins and thats why the release is taking longer this year. And for this reason I dont think they coins will ever get to the values the unas are fetching. Will almost certainly be a winner for resale though and so its going to be a fight for sure. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the RM queue duly started on time at 9am GMT, but disappointingly with an added picture of a new snowman coin. I’m in the website less than 2 mins later and the coin is nowhere to be seen. So no Bowie or Great Engraver and you can’t even leave your thoughts on the snowman by turning him yellow.

12 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

More like Great Engravers’ series? 😉

Hi buddy, I’m confused now. I meant that the 2 coin series would still only belong to the one engraver. I’m not going to disagree with a friend over placement of an apostrophe though (now there’s a sentence I’d never thought I’d type in my life). 

37 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

Hi buddy, I’m confused now. I meant that the 2 coin series would still only belong to the one engraver. I’m not going to disagree with a friend over placement of an apostrophe though (now there’s a sentence I’d never thought I’d type in my life). 

Hahha no disagreement buddy. I was being facetious. You are right about the series until now being essentially a “William Wyon’s series”.

It will be interesting to see what the series holds now, especially as it won’t be as easy to find multiple appealing designs from many engravers.

15 hours ago, GoodAsGold said:

Nah. It’s Eeyore tomorrow so no need to login chaps 😁

Well yesterday’s joke jumped up and punched me in the face this morning. Not Eeyore himself but I certainly feel like an ass. A picture of a third snowman coin (hugging the kid if I recall) at the website queue in stage, followed on the website itself by beggar all. 

It’s not right that we should wait OVER a year between the first two Great Engraver coins though. 

To be fair, the Royal Mint have been busy with lockdown issues as well as their brilliant support for the NHS and the production of visors. They would have for the second release ready in time if it wasn’t for the amount of visors that were returned due to scratches, spotting and packaging issues......

26 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

It will be interesting to see what the series holds now, especially as it won’t be as easy to find multiple appealing designs from many engravers.

I’m not so sure the Mint will adopt a uniform approach and devote an equal amount of coin releases to an equal amount of designers. We could have 2 Wyon designs followed by just one design by one or two other great engravers.

If they don’t get a move on, some of these designers might die before they see their coins re-released!

1 minute ago, Madstacks said:

they are taking their time, i think they are submitting some to NGC so they can sell PF70 coins at massive markups.

that will be a shame :( do you think tomorrow for release potentially?

22 minutes ago, Squashie said:

that will be a shame :( do you think tomorrow for release potentially?

Maybe Bowie tomorrow but not touching that with anyone’s 😂 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Archived