• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Speculation on 2020 and 2021 Great Engravers Designs

Well I’ll be blowed. They have gone with the same engraver for the 2nd coin in the series. Somewhat disappointed but I guess they have decided to make this a VERY long series now due to the success of the first issue and are going to milk this series big time. I will be absolutely gobsmacked if they haven’t used NGC and pre-graded the coins to sell first thereby capturing some big mark ups and leaving the plebs with the 69s and lowers.Will also be interesting to see if they mess with the mintage numbers.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Oldun said:

Well I’ll be blowed. They have gone with the same engraver for the 2nd coin in the series.

Yeah I'm also really surprised about that 

I don't mind because Wyon obviously has some very nice designs but it's a bit odd 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

George III I reckon. I also reckon they were going to make this a short series but were amazed by the success of the the first one, so will go through the whole range of every “Great Engraver” and double triple down on a particular Engraver as they see fit. This could become a very long series...i.e. 3 coins per engraver etc....

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

Indeed they could milk this series, but they run the risk of fatigue, just like what is happening with the SotDs. They’re dead common nowadays. 😤

Indeed. 
The Una and The Lion was a massive big hitter design coin  to start with, so it will be very hard to replicate that although there are several contenders.

I still worry that The RM will have these coins pre graded and slabbed and the prices will be steeper as a result.

3 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Indeed they could milk this series, but they run the risk of fatigue, just like what is happening with the SotDs. They’re dead common nowadays. 😤

Please for goodness sake no milking... 😬😉🥛

Joke aside this is a horrible conundrum. There's virtually no chance of getting the gold without depositing c. 5000 quid to the RM account - and if one does not get it,  it'll be stuck there for buying the next... piglet? 🤔

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 hours ago, Oldun said:

I still worry that The RM will have these coins pre graded and slabbed and the prices will be steeper as a result.

In general I find it so weird that the RM needs to resort to a third party organisation to certify that their own coins are stuck to certain standards. It’s honestly just so weird. 😐

19 minutes ago, BrumChris said:

It's going to be very interesting to see if the second coin performs anywhere near the first in the secondary market.

Popcorn at the ready...

im gonna take the risk - fortune favours the brave !! 

1 minute ago, BrumChris said:

It certainly did last time!!!!!!

When i think back to when Una & Lion released, the silver remained available and didn't sell out for several days.

It wasn't an instant sell out in minutes. 

I think the second in series will all go in super quick time

48 minutes ago, Paul said:

When i think back to when Una & Lion released, the silver remained available and didn't sell out for several days.

It wasn't an instant sell out in minutes. 

I think the second in series will all go in super quick time

Yeah the silver took five or six days. No chance of that this time unless RM have increased the mintage to something crazy.

I've put currency aside for the gold and silver....

During the lockdown I've been busy rearranging my stack for this release.

My partner has also made funds available for the same and also has an account setup.

Either way I intend to sit on these if I get them as a long-term investment,

Maybe not the silver lol 😂😉🤣

7 hours ago, Paul said:

Credit cards at the ready chaps !! 

Do we think this will launch tomorrow ??

That or the Bowie coin, since they've released the image of the Bowie one I'd guess that will be first and tomorrow sadly 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1 minute ago, Kman said:

That or the Bowie coin, since they've released the image of the Bowie one I'd guess that will be first and tomorrow sadly 

Bowie has been announced on Gazette already so more likely it to be that, before the next Great Engravers coin i presume

i hope the whole forum is all over this next release so we can all share the love if its a big hit :)

I wonder if Royal Mint will be selling pre-graded PF70s at additional premium/price, so they can get more milk from out of the cows ? mooooo moooo 

Archived