• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Does it worth to buy Gold now?!

songofthunder

• Founder & Administrator

Maybe the prices will be lower in a while, maybe the prices will be higher.

I suspect premiums are likely to fall back down when the mints start producing again, but if the underlying gold price is higher the overall price for the gold may be higher despite lower % premiums.

Best may be to buy a little bit but regularly to average out any price increases/decreases :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Thank you @ChrisSilver I believe nobody will know exactly how the stock market will act during this pandemic economic recession. But historically I have seen that precious metals will increase in price. I have seen the recent 2008 values. I believe there will be a similar move in 2020. 

I am new to silver and gold investing / stacking, therefor I want to make sure I understand all the mechanisms and hopefully I will do a less risky investment. However, I noticed that the premium silver coins price is way way bigger over the spot. I believe it used to be only a few dollars over. Like $5 to max $10?

Thanks

I'm relatively new compared to some of the seasoned stackers on here. The price action prior to to covid 19 was jaw dropping to witness. I got into pms in 2017 but in late 2019 to now I have seen big movements in the price on a daily time frame. Moves in excess of 50 bucks which I never really saw before.

Nearly half way through the year I think once supply chains ease up premiums may drop slightly but not by much I reckon. Lots of people are becoming increasingly interested in this sector and with mints being shut down I'm guessing a lot of dealers will constantly be cleaned out. 

I'm just a novice so the above is what I think may occur. As for buying I will continue to buy as and when I can. This forum often throws up great value deals. 

Get some now I would say, and get more and more periodically. 

3 hours ago, thesongofthunder said:

Hey there,

Does it worth to buy gold now?! Or is a better idea to wait a while, maybe the prices will settle a little?

Would be great to read your thoughts about this. 

Thank you!

The decline in price was initially due to major investors selling gold to cover margin calls.  It flooded the market but the contracts for May and now June went up.  The price structure is back to normal in my opinion.   

Not many people invest in physical gold so the costs relative to inflation has been fairly correlated but there is way more mainstream talk about gold (like in 08-09).  Time will tell if gold tests the highs of 1,900 bit if it does then 2,000+ is very likely.  If 2 or 3 percent of the population decided to take 10% of their portfolio in gold the price would skyrocket.  Is this the event that triggers something like that?  Who knows.  I'm not betting on it.

As you said the premiums right now are down right silly but more so on the silver side.  There is no doubt its pricey right now and with a premium of say 50/oz, in this market....it could move 50 in a week and now you are out another 100 to buy.  Its the risk you take today.  

My personal opinion: id buy at anything under 1,800.  Once we get within 100 of the all time high it will be so close that the price will get pulled up just to test the high and like I said once we get there I don't see how it doesn't pass 2k.  

Imagine all that helicopter money:  25k cash grant for small businesses, furlough salary, interest free loans for one year up to 50k etc.

They want to get the economy back on it's feet but it's just not possible, how can people go back to work on a crowded buss or train, going to cinema, pubs. restaurants where waiters are wearing masks and gloves, how can you get on a plane and go on holiday ?

Economy is not going to recover anytime soon, right now people don't realise it because they are all high on all of that helicopter money, we have not seen the worst of this situation yet, wait until September/ October and you will see the scale of this mess, the worst of this situation is still ahead of us both in terms of the economy and the virus and in a situation like that gold price will be a lot higher than what it is right now, a lot higher ( Only my opinion ) .

1 hour ago, Nick1368 said:

Imagine all that helicopter money:  25k cash grant for small businesses, furlough salary, interest free loans for one year up to 50k etc.

They want to get the economy back on it's feet but it's just not possible, how can people go back to work on a crowded buss or train, going to cinema, pubs. restaurants where waiters are wearing masks and gloves, how can you get on a plane and go on holiday ?

Economy is not going to recover anytime soon, right now people don't realise it because they are all high on all of that helicopter money, we have not seen the worst of this situation yet, wait until September/ October and you will see the scale of this mess, the worst of this situation is still ahead of us both in terms of the economy and the virus and in a situation like that gold price will be a lot higher than what it is right now, a lot higher ( Only my opinion ) .

Many many models also predict a 2nd wave which could result in closing back down, loss of holiday revenue and a gold sell-off to cover margins again.  It could dip again back to the 1500-1600 dollar range in the late fall.

14 hours ago, thesongofthunder said:

Hey there,

Does it worth to buy gold now?! Or is a better idea to wait a while, maybe the prices will settle a little?

Would be great to read your thoughts about this. 

Thank you!

try and put together a strategy that does not rely on timing the dips.

holding gold will not make you rich(it's a store of value), but might

help to open/encourage opportunities. holding gold has a purpose.

hold up to as much gold as your understanding allows you to, belangp

youtube. strategy and knowledge is more important than timing.

timing should improve with experience.

HH

I'm still buying, don't forget for us here in the UK, Brexit is still looming. We may get 20% VAT slapped on gold at the end of this/start of next financial year. Even at current all time high prices, gold could be looking like a bargain.

Archived