• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

I bought some Fresnillo shares

10 minutes ago, Cointreau said:

I bought some Fresnillo shares a week or so ago. Any way, I could not help but notice that gold is still holding its own against the dollar.

Ahh nice I was going to pull the trigger at 6.87 but failed to pull the trigger lol. I'm going to get some fresnillo before I die. 

Edited by Tn21
No more off topic from me,

• Founder & Administrator

Moved to the Interactive trading section, wasn't sure if it should be here or the other investments section. Can move there if needed :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

On 22/04/2020 at 23:39, Tn21 said:

Ahh nice I was going to pull the trigger at 6.87 but failed to pull the trigger lol. I'm going to get some fresnillo before I die. 

I thought you were in last year with me,  why did you not buy? 

Fresnillo still has 2 mines closed (sick).  Plus one mine is mining low grade because of machinery problems.  F-ck when someone sorts that out if they ever do the shares will go right up. 

I always read the Annual report before I buy, not that I understand it all but It gives me a better understanding of a company. 

2 minutes ago, Pipers said:

I thought you were in last year with me,  why did you not buy? 

Fresnillo still has 2 mines closed (sick).  Plus one mine is mining low grade because of machinery problems.  F-ck when someone sorts that out if they ever do the shares will go right up. 

I always read the Annual report before I buy, not that I understand it all but It gives me a better understanding of a company. 

Hi, yh your the forum member that I referred to at a previous post. I didn't really want to put a miniscule amount. I'm waiting to enter in this stock. 

Pming you now. 

27 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

Hi, yh your the forum member that I referred to at a previous post. I didn't really want to put a miniscule amount. I'm waiting to enter in this stock. 

Pming you now. 

Depending on how keen you are to own this you may want to wait and see if you can get it for around 550 GBX 

5 hours ago, Cointreau said:

How is your short doing? I just shorted gold. I fancy a knock down is imminent to 1640 at least. That's my guess anyhow.

I was in at 240 then out at 230. So a small profit. I think you are right about gold. I can see it going to $1,000 but I am too scared to short gold lol but maybe I will lol

4 hours ago, Tn21 said:

Can I ask how you are both shorting gold? 

I was £11 a point short on the IG Index platform. I just closed £5 of it to take some profit. I might be getting better at this. Been doing it for over five years mind.

I called last Thursday's rise as well. Just got to keep that hubris in check cos overconfidence can kill you.

Edited by Cointreau

34 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

@Cointreau

For £11 a point surely you got have a sizeable amount of margin ?

If you want to do some maths I am £15 a point long corn current price 319, 1.5 long live cattle current price 8595 and £6 a point short gold.

And my margin on all that is £2273. Today was a good day. All three were going against me this morning but now they're all good.

I might go long wheat as well as I think farmers are really struggling in general. With labour shortages, low commodity prices, the weather (look for a cold and early autumn)

and now Covid shutting down meat packing plants and  affecting supply chains. And Russia will likely not be exporting any of their wheat for the foreseeable future.