• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Playing with my new camera.

Mark10110

7 hours ago, mr-dead said:

Read the title, clicked the link, thanked god it was pictures of coins.

Yeah...I was expecting to see some @Mark10110’s **** pics!🤣🤣🤣 Definitely didn’t need to see that!!

Getting some nice photos from your new camera though! Thanks for sharing! Should be some great features to experiment as well!

40 minutes ago, cinereus said:

Did you accidentally leave on flash? Some tips. You want bright but diffuse light. Make sure you manually white balance. Unless it's on purpose avoid shallow depth of field. And always use focus peaking!

There was no flash, all light were off I set to 1 sec exposure trying to get the look I wanted. 
thanks for the focus peaking stuff, just watched a video and set focus peaking high and colour red, it’s great for identifying what I want.

remember I only had camera a month and I shoot in manual only, I don’t like the unit making my choices so I learn by error.

What camera have you gone for @Mark10110?

I'm a total novice but been getting a bit into photography myself just lately, hoping to put some time in to it during the lock down! Keeping an eye out for a good deal on a macro lens, I think that's the golden secret to great coin pics. 

8 hours ago, Melon said:

Keeping an eye out for a good deal on a macro lens, I think that's the golden secret to great coin pics. 

You don’t always need a macro lens for macro photography, you can use close up lens sets that screw into the lens itself, adding magnification. Places like SRB photographic and Wex Photographic sell them. Just make sure you buy the right diameter set for your lens. Also, the issue with macro photography is that the depth of field is very, very shallow, so you’ll need a tripod for any photos you do.

On 23/04/2020 at 09:47, Mark10110 said:

when i had lights on it made the coin exposure blow out

Always expose for the brightest parts of the photo, and try increasing the aperture - that will restrict the amount of light entering the sensor. You’d be surprised how well a digital camera can retain details in the shadows and the dark areas. If possible, shoot in RAW format and not jpeg, that allows you to really edit the photo to its maximum and adjust exposure and contrast etc.

I use to use a free piece of software called DarkTable before going over to LightRoom - very powerful and works well on Windows OS.

I do a lot of street photography but when I started out, I experimented in all kinds like macro. It was fun to do on a rainy day.

Either way, the photos have turned out really well I think, the gold colouring is lovely and contrasts with the background well @Mark10110 👌

Archived