• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Oil price

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chronix said:

so how can somebody profit from negative prices of oil? i dont get that part

Same here. 

I’d drop £5K in now but I don’t think that’s how it works with oil. 

Not sure. 

Stacker since 2013

Yep this seems an opportunity, but it's hard to hold a barrel of oil in your hand and sell it back to an oil dealer! I guess buying shares is the way to go. What about scraping all the oil out of your car and holding onto it for a while? I've got a bottle of car lube from Wilko in the garage actually that I'll bury in my garden now. Speaking of lube, sorry Mrs. Moon, I'm taking that too!

7 minutes ago, Chronix said:

so how can somebody profit from negative prices of oil? i dont get that part

I would guess it allows for storage , processing and transport costs, given the actual oil is currently worthless, to reduce the loss rather than make a profit.

Well that was genuinely bizarro, watching spot slide through the day. I gave up trying to keep tabs on the gold to oil ratio when it went past 200:1.  Never thought it'd touch and go past the infinity asymptote.

6 minutes ago, silverdocket said:

No reason why it shouldn't be 50p/60c a litre at the moment

Because duty is a fixed amount, not % (though they put VAT on top of that!).  This is oil futures price, not the refined petrol/gasoline price.  They are linked of course but not directly.  

5 minutes ago, Martlet said:

Because duty is a fixed amount, not % (though they put VAT on top of that!).  This is oil futures price, not the refined petrol/gasoline price.  They are linked of course but not directly.  

Unless the price is going upwards obviously.

Archived