• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

where to buy gold

TonyC

Hi everyone, first time posting.

I am about to make my first purchase of gold bullion. I have been doing so much research that i am getting a bit bogged down by it all . I thought that it would make sense to take advantage of the experienced members here to steer me in the right direction. So my question is..

If you were to buy gold today, where would you buy it from ? I am looking to spend around 1500 euro ( i am in Spain ) and i quite like bars but definitely not against buying coins if that's what you would advise me to do as a first timer.

My original idea was to buy a mix of gold and silver,but from what i read , silver is not a good idea right now due to premiums. Is this also correct?

Thanks in advance

Tony

3 minutes ago, TonyC said:

If you were to buy gold today, where would you buy it from ? I am looking to spend around 1500 euro ( i am in Spain ) and i quite like bars but definitely not against buying coins if that's what you would advise me to do as a first timer.

Right now @TonyC thats quite a hard answer as most suppliers are restricted in supplies or supplier(courier)

The Forum here has stuff available !

I can also suggest that you follow this link and introduce yourself  - - >

https://thesilverforum.com/forum/10-welcome-new-members/

21 minutes ago, TonyC said:

Hi everyone, first time posting.

I am about to make my first purchase of gold bullion. I have been doing so much research that i am getting a bit bogged down by it all . I thought that it would make sense to take advantage of the experienced members here to steer me in the right direction. So my question is..

My original idea was to buy a mix of gold and silver,but from what i read , silver is not a good idea right now due to premiums. Is this also correct?

Thanks in advance

Tony

i would not buy gold bars. There is always suspicion hangs over gold bars - there are many fakes, lots of horror stories. It is easier to fake bars and get away with it especially if you have them seals in packaging. 
The UK is perhaps a better place to buy gold but i have bought gold from Germany - there are lots of dealers there and https://www.gold.de is a good comparison site. https://www.goldsilver.be is an often used site with keen price especially on silver. i am not aware of gold bullion dealers in Spain - but i can see their websites - they look a little bit more than the best prices on say https://www.gold.de

Most people here buy online - i have bought online when the shop was only a few miles away. i have bought from Atkinsons, Hatton Garden Metals and Chards in the UK. There are bits come up on the selling side of this forum but you really need to be a premium members to see the deals as they can go very quickly. i would steer clear of ebay especially if you are new to this game.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

4 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

Right now @TonyC thats quite a hard answer as most suppliers are restricted in supplies or supplier(courier)

The Forum here has stuff available !

I can also suggest that you follow this link and introduce yourself  - - >

https://thesilverforum.com/forum/10-welcome-new-members/

I understand that it is a bit difficult right now but i notice on many bullion dealer sites, that they will hold the price on that day and deliver the physical gold whenever possible. Its just that there are so many dealers and so many products.

I will now search for what is for sale on this site again. If anyone could let me know if they notice any good deals.

5 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i would not buy gold bars. There is always suspicion hangs over gold bars - there are many fakes, lots of horror stories. It is easier to fake bars and get away with it especially if you have them seals in packaging. 
The UK is perhaps a better place to buy gold but i have bought gold from Germany - there are lots of dealers there and https://www.gold.de is a good comparison site. https://www.goldsilver.be is an often used site with keen price especially on silver. i am not aware of gold bullion dealers in Spain - but i can see their websites - they look a little bit more than the best prices on say https://www.gold.de

Thanks for the help. Its probably understandable that i am a bit nervous about being scammed by buying a fake. Hard earned and all that. By the way , i am here because i am English , we speak the same language, and i would probably feel more comfortable buying off here from respected people on the forum. If there are any good deals that is. Also the help is appreciated.

5 minutes ago, TonyC said:

Thanks for the help. Its probably understandable that i am a bit nervous about being scammed by buying a fake. Hard earned and all that. By the way , i am here because i am English , we speak the same language, and i would probably feel more comfortable buying off here from respected people on the forum. If there are any good deals that is. Also the help is appreciated.

i am stuck in Spain right now - under house arrest.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Just now, Spanishsilver said:

Hi @TonyC I’m in Spain on the Costa del sol ( la Cala de mijas) 

where are you. Obviously in the house like me and most of the country 

Hi, i am in Mallorca . Don't really mind being in the house because I am very lazy lol. But miss the local bar !!

I'm Spanish, living in Germany so for gold in Spain a serious dealer is Andorrano Joyeria, but they don't have any coins available, only bars so on eBay there are some serious dealers with some stock but the best price for 1oz you can find il would be around 1690, so maybe 1/2 oz and silver. If I were you I tried to find 1 oz with a good price.

Hi, i am in Mallorca . Don't really mind being in the house because I am very lazy lol. But miss the local bar !!

If there is anyway I can help you just ask but I buy most my gold in the uk then wait for a relative to bring it over.  And I buy all my silver from the European mint. Or gold silver.be And have it delivered but you need to buy at least 50oz silver to make the postage price economically viable  

buying or selling here is hard because of the postage cost and risk of loss especially on silver kills it IMO 

11 minutes ago, TonyC said:

Thanks for everyone's help , keep it coming. Certainly given me some studying to do.

@TonyC happy to ship to Spain, PM me if.you decide to go ahead!

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

Four or five sovereigns is a nice alternative to a single oz of something. You've got loads of options from brand new to very old all within the same sort of price bracket. That coupled with the fact that if you really have to sell at any point you can do so gradually instead of all in one go if you wish.

I like a chunk of gold, but sovereigns and lower premium fractional is very cool. Keep your eyes open on the forum, I picked up 1/4 oz of American Eagle recently and a 1/4 oz proof coin that were roughly the same price with very reasonable premiums attached. The last sovereigns I bought were at 4% from a dealer. 

If you really want the oz though I think I'm right in saying a Krugerrand is a good bet as a 'regular' example should carry a lower premium than a lot of metal that you see and is very common yet desirable.

15 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

Four or five sovereigns is a nice alternative to a single oz of something. You've got loads of options from brand new to very old all within the same sort of price bracket. That coupled with the fact that if you really have to sell at any point you can do so gradually instead of all in one go if you wish.

I like a chunk of gold, but sovereigns and lower premium fractional is very cool. Keep your eyes open on the forum, I picked up 1/4 oz of American Eagle recently and a 1/4 oz proof coin that were roughly the same price with very reasonable premiums attached. The last sovereigns I bought were at 4% from a dealer. 

If you really want the oz though I think I'm right in saying a Krugerrand is a good bet as a 'regular' example should carry a lower premium than a lot of metal that you see and is very common yet desirable.

Thanks. I am looking at the coins on the site right now. Bit complicated though ! Before i found tsf most of my research was on gold and silver bars. So now i need to read up on coins . Here i go !!

On 17/04/2020 at 14:45, TonyC said:

Hi @TonyC I too am in Mallorca! Recently joined and just posted in the new members section.

29 minutes ago, fr33fly3r said:

Hi @TonyC I too am in Mallorca! Recently joined and just posted in the new members section.

Hi, I have already purchased some gold bars from a forum member who lives in Italy. Makes more sense to deal in euro and the postage was cheap. However , you could PM me , with what you have for sale and prices. You never know . Tony

Archived