• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

To sell part of the stack or not?

R2DANIO2

I was having a ganders on ebay and noticed plenty of stuff selling at what i personally would call ridiculous prices? Should i join in? 

Example 310£ for 10 x 1oz silver kruggerands.... thats the prices the bidding went to! I didnt pay much more than that for a tube of 25 of them!!! 

37 minutes ago, R2DANIO2 said:

I was having a ganders on ebay and noticed plenty of stuff selling at what i personally would call ridiculous prices? Should i join in? 

Example 310£ for 10 x 1oz silver kruggerands.... thats the prices the bidding went to! I didnt pay much more than that for a tube of 25 of them!!! 

If it is part of your strategy, go ahead and execute it. If it is curiosity of exploitation of greed, go ahead and who knows what kind of experience is gain. For eBay, don’t forget to include the commissions for eBay and PayPal offset from the selling price. Good luck!!! 

2 hours ago, R2DANIO2 said:

Take the 13% off for ebay and PayPal and then try buying back for less anywhere else and you see the problem, if you don't need the money right now stick with it, people will need money around you so after they have sold their silver the price will rise...if you sell when you don't need the money kicking yourself will be more then likely...perhap set yourself a date a month from now to see what's happening, if they extend lockdown the price will change dramatically, if they close much of the postal system then it could go bonkers

I think it's a valid question.

I considered the same and also asked myself what Kman said. Do I have anything better to put that money into? The answer was no based on the current situation.

As soon as the virus clears up regardless of the economy the premiums on silver will go back to normal.

I don't personally believe silver is going to the moon or anything crazy. Bad economy = less demand for silver which is already highly manipulated. However, silver is a great investment that similar to gold in that it's something you hold but with large industrial use. To me silver is a hedge against the collapse of currency but unless that was to happen I don't see silver going to crazy levels, but I do see it hitting the $50 range again in future.

Sell when the market is hot...buy when the market is cold.  This isn't rocket science 😉

Right now, the market is red hot and when things settle down, the market will be flooded again and prices will drop.   

Million dollar question is when...

Just think of those poor folks that bought silver 8 or 9 years ago and STILL haven't seen a profit.   Two monster boxes of American Silver Eagles I've been watching just sold on Ebay for under $9500 USD each..Three weeks ago they were selling for over $12,500 USD.   Wanna bet the guy that sold for $9,499  two hours ago wishes he posted up three weeks ago?  🙂

Don't be that guy...

On 13/04/2020 at 13:56, DarkChameleon said:

Take the 13% off for ebay and PayPal 

Create a store ($27 or so) for a month and sell in quantity.  Max hit even on a $10k monster box sale is only $350 if you have a store.  Add another $300 for PP fees and you are at 6.5% total.  Shipping a monster box domestically cost about $35.  Not cheap but not as bad as it seems and you get your $$ quickly rather than selling roll by roll on CL over a few months to jerks that want to low-ball you.  Isn't worth the headaches...

After I broke up my crypto mining farm I created a Ebay store for $25 and sold $19K USD worth of computer parts in about two weeks.  Because  I had a store, Ebay only clipped me for 4% rather than the higher  "non-store" rate.

12 hours ago, Robb said:

Sell when the market is hot...buy when the market is cold.  This isn't rocket science 😉

Right now, the market is red hot and when things settle down, the market will be flooded again and prices will drop.   

Million dollar question is when...

Just think of those poor folks that bought silver 8 or 9 years ago and STILL haven't seen a profit.   Two monster boxes of American Silver Eagles I've been watching just sold on Ebay for under $9500 USD each..Three weeks ago they were selling for over $12,500 USD.   Wanna bet the guy that sold for $9,499  two hours ago wishes he posted up three weeks ago?  🙂

Don't be that guy...

5 weeks ago that same monster box would gave fetched less then 9g, iwas stood there when threeguys sold 3 monster boxes for $17.50 an eagle.

For any selling decisions I would always go back to why you purchased your PM. What was your objective? If it was to trade in the short term and exploit any opportunities then by all means sell. If your objective was to get out of fiat money or to diversify your portfolio or wealth preservation then perhaps you may want to hang on for the longer term. Good luck in your decision.

I am selling part of my PM stack these are some of the prices I have sold for on eBay (blanked out buyer name/transaction details). The funds you will receive will be 13% less the sold price (10% eBay fee & 3% PayPal). You will need a good long history as a seller on eBay with 100% good feedback (In the past when £1 eBay fees offers were available I have sold Gold as well). If you are coming into eBay with a brand new account and no seller history going to be a up an hill battle trying to sell PMs (same could be said about selling on the Silver Forum). Please note I have plenty of items for sale on eBay and things are not simply flying off the shelf. As for buying or selling this is an individual choice and everyone has the right to make up their own minds with their PMs.

image.png.f06d0c032e077c5bfa545d668d98d80d.png

image.png.a447f9eda6cacfd3c8a430ac26deff38.png

On 14/04/2020 at 19:37, Robb said:

Create a store ($27 or so) for a month and sell in quantity.  Max hit even on a $10k monster box sale is only $350 if you have a store.  Add another $300 for PP fees and you are at 6.5% total.  Shipping a monster box domestically cost about $35.  Not cheap but not as bad as it seems and you get your $$ quickly rather than selling roll by roll on CL over a few months to jerks that want to low-ball you.  Isn't worth the headaches...

After I broke up my crypto mining farm I created a Ebay store for $25 and sold $19K USD worth of computer parts in about two weeks.  Because  I had a store, Ebay only clipped me for 4% rather than the higher  "non-store" rate.

I was wondering about the shipping the other day, figured it would be a lot more than $35. How do you get it for $35? Which carrier?

A lot of people sell half and keep half. If this is your preference and you see an opportunity then go for sure.

I’m not personally much of a seller other than a piece or two here and there... but then again, that’s MY preference only.

1 hour ago, SilverGameOfThrones said:

I like "ridiculous prices" .

In a year or two  we will see the real "ridiculous prices" ... we are just warming up  :) 

Keep u silver close its NOT time yet to sale 

It's when I start to see comments like this I usually think it's time to sell.

I will rather wait and see what temporary solutions will they introduce this time. About 50 years a go they temporally suspend exchange dollar for gold, after 10 years gold was sold for 40 times more. I do not need to sell and dont see anything more sensible than PM for now, at least until they introduce FED coin or something similar.

Agree. Current situation is not clear . Money are printing like no 2morrow . Helicopter of money is here . U cant compare THIS situation with anything else . Forbes talk about new Bill , new digital crypto dollar. Sure many will sale around $20 .  But what if music will stop and we will have a currency reset ? As more PM u accumulate as better chance u have to survive this turbulent times . I am using ANY chance to accumulate more for my family and for my stupid friends . Future is dark . PM is THE only hope .

Archived